Madden NFL 22 came out for Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Stadia, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on August 20, 2021. But as with the previous games in the series, players are getting Desync errors while playing. Even though previous games had this issue, nowadays it has become too frequent to just ignore and move on. So today let’s look at what is Server Status & Desync errors in Madden 22 & 21 and how to fix it.
What Is the Meaning of Desync in Madden 22?
Desync in Madden or any other game means when your game in console renders something different from what’s taking place in the game server. This means what you see in the game is not updated on the server, making the game impossible to play between you and the other player. That’s the main reason the game crashes as soon as you get a Desync error message in Madden.
Madden 22 & 21 Desync Fix September 2021
To fix the Desync error in Madden 22 & 21 you have to make sure both you and the other players playing with you are on the same NAT type in CFM. You can also check if both of you are on the same IP type, being either IPV6 or even IPV4. This is a quick solution you can apply right now with the friend you are playing with. This will fix the Desync error in both Madden NFL 22 & 21.
How to Change NAT Type on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, & Xbox Series X/S
NAT type cannot be changed directly from your Xbox or PlayStation consoles. There are few steps you need to tinker with your modem. Here’s how to do this:
- Open any web browser on your PC or mobile device.
- Type in your default gateway IP address.
- Enter your Username and type in your password.
- Go to your Router settings.
- Enable UPnP, this varies according to your router manufacturer.
- Apply your changes and go to your console.
- Open setting on your Xbox.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Network.
- You will have Open NAT enabled on your console
- Click on the Test NAT type to set it.
- On PS4 & PS5, use the forward ports method.
- For this, you need to note down your console’s IP address.
- Go to forwarding ports in your router settings page.
- Type in the numbers recommended by Sony as below:
- TCP – 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
- UDP – 3478, 3479
- Restart your console to apply the new changes.
Check Madden 22 Server Status
There is a chance you might still get a Desync error in Madden 22 & 21 even after you apply the above changes. So in such cases, you need to check the Server Status for Madden 22 & 21. Here’s how:
- You can either go to downdetector or Xbox Status Page to check this.
- If the servers are down then keep an eye on these server status pages.
- Once the services are back online, these pages will be updated.
- Then you can avoid Desync errors while playing Madden.
That’s everything there is to know about how to fix the Desync error in Madden 22. For more secret tips & tips like this, make sure to visit our Madden 22 Guides on GamerTweak.