Knowing how to defend your base is a must in Sons of the Forest. A base is important for keeping yourself safe, especially at night. Not only is setting it up a tough job but after a session of exploration, going back and seeing it all gone or half destroyed is not a good feeling. So here is how you can set up a defensive wall in Sons of the Forest.
How to Defend your Base in Sons of the Forest
To defend your base, you should build a boundary of spiked wall around of your base. This spiked wall acts as a defensive wall. There is a catch though, you shouldn’t simply line up spiked walls in front of your base completely. While you could do that, if you cover it from all 4 sides you will have a hard time getting to your base as you can’t jump over spiked walls. So here is what is a workaround for it.
How to Build a Defensive Wall
- Gather plenty of logs. I suggest you also take Kelvin’s help to speed things up.
- Next, make a boundary around your base using these logs, then chop their tops to add spikes to them.
- Make sure you leave a space of at least 2 logs. This will allow you to enter or exit your base.
- Now, place 4 logs in front of this space to cover this boundary.
- Add spikes to them as well.
- Now each time you have to enter or exit your base, simply remove the front 2 logs from here. And place them again before you go or after entering.
The reason you need these 4 logs separately is for one major reason. During our playthrough, we couldn’t place the logs in their original place for the boundary. This could be a bug that might get resolved in the future. So this extension of the boundary works as a makeshift door.
And the reason you don’t want to add doors here is that mutants can pass through them. This would negate the entire purpose of setting up a defensive wall.
That covers this guide on how to defend your base in Sons of the Forest by making a Defensive wall. For more helps on other topics for this game be sure to check out our Sons of the Forest section.