DayZ is a game developed and published by Bohemia Interactive. It is a Survival Zombie game with the support of online features. And with the online functionality, you are bound to experience occasional issues with the servers. Servers can be down for multiple reasons like maintenance, outage, or an overload of players. So let us take a look at how to check the server status of DayZ and if the servers are down.
Are DayZ Servers Down? How to Check Server Status
- Official Twitter account: You can find the server status of Dayz at @DayZ on Twitter for any updates. This is the best place to find if the servers are or will be in maintenance and if they are back online after an outage. Other than server status, you can also find here the new updates for the game.
- Visit Downdetector: Downdetector is a site where you can find all the issues that the players have reported in the past 24 hours.
- Check the Online Status of your Consoles: You can check the Xbox and PlayStation online service status. If the service is in maintenance then you will have to wait till it gets up before playing.
At the time of writing this article, the Xbox online service is having issues with DayZ. You can check this on the Xbox server status page. Once the issue is resolved you should be able to play the game in no time.
If the servers are down, then you have to wait for them to be back online. But, if the servers are working then you should try some of these basic fixes:
- Check your connection: Having a stable internet connection is very important for playing online games. You can test your internet by doing a speed test or by playing other online games.
- Refresh your connection: Refreshing your connection might do the trick and make the game work again. If you play wirelessly you can refresh your router by rebooting it. And if you play via a wired connection then just plug out and plug in the Ethernet cable after waiting for at least 10 seconds.
- Restart your system: Switch off your console or PC and wait for a few seconds. Once your system has started try playing the game again to see if it works.
That sums up this guide on how to check DayZ Server Status. You can also find our guide helpful on how to fix the unexpected authentication error for DayZ.