Days Gone One Year Anniversary: Bend Studio Celebrates
Bend Studio celebrates one year anniversary of Days Gone, shares achievements
The action-adventure survival horror game finishes the first successful year this month. Numerous minor bugs plagued Days Gone right from its onset, but soon enough the DLC’s began rolling out and from that point onward, the game has been nothing less than impressive. Thrilling encounters with berserk hordes of zombies and breathless firefights with adrenaline shooting up occasionally, Days Gone has found a rightful place in the AAA game universe.
Check out the complete review of Days Gone here.
Celebrating the one-year milestone, Bend Studio released the accomplishment statistics of its players as well as some amazing photos captured using the game’s photo mode, selected from more than a million, sent in by the players.
A year ago, players took their first ride on the Broken Road.
— Bend Studio #DaysGone (@BendStudio) April 26, 2020
The tweet briefly mentions –
- 45 million hordes cleared
- 32 million infestations cleared
- 30 million ambush camps cleared
- 30 million Nero checkpoints cleared
- 100 million trophies earned
- 1 million photo mode users
- 342 million encampment visits
- 8 billion credits spent on bike repair
- 450 million collectibles found
- 655 million dumpsters dived
- 12.5 million challenges completed
- 1.4 million patches earned
- 42,000 days played
- 1 trillion challenge points earned
Bend Studio released a massive patch for the game, patch 1.61, a few months ago, reducing the game size by 20 GB upon installation even though the patch clocked around 30 GB. Players reported that it shrunk from around 60GB to 38GB – trimming off more than a third of its previous hard drive usage. And with the patch, the much-talked-about flaws became a thing of the past.
Here are a few insights of the patch notes for the 1.61 update –
- In the mission “Better to Light One Candle”, the bounty should now be obtained properly
- In the mission “Out of Nowhere” helicopter’s lights have been fixed
- General optimization towards certain missions
- Scoring will properly apply when utilizing oxygen tanks in the “Reloaded” Challenge
- The mission “The Anarchist Spy” will properly reset traps if you fail the mission
- General optimization prior to playing before the game fully downloads
- General improvements to optimization and stability
For more latest news and updates about games, stay with GamerTweak.