Darkest Dungeon 2 seems to have a Cloud Syncing error. This is an issue that has been a part and parcel of the older version of the game. Unfortunately, the same issue has started cropping up in the latest iteration. Luckily, we might just have a few fixes that might work out for you and allow you to reconnect and reload your saved data.
How to fix Darkest Dungeon 2 Cloud Syncing Error?
Cloud Syncing is something that should be automatically switched on in the game. However, sometimes there seems to be an error in the game that ends up showing the previous save data. In such a case there are a few methods that you can find and utilize. I will divide the Cloud Sync errors according to the platforms they will pop up on.
Steam Cloud Sync
- If you face a cloud sync error with Steam, open the Steam app first.
- Check if it is showing the last saved data.
- If not, close and exit the Steam Application completely.
- Once you are out of it, open the Darkest Dungeon 2 application to begin Cloud Syncing.
- Now, wait a few minutes and open the Steam application again. This should fix the error.
Epic Cloud Sync
- Open the Epic application and look for Darkest Dungeon 2.
- Now, if there is a sync error, you will get a choice between loading a new or old save file.
- Choose the newer option and let the game load up.
- This will sync your in-game progress with the cloud.
- Cloud Sync errors usually occur when there are multiple devices with the same account. Sometimes, however, all it needs to fix is just the restarting of an app.
This is everything that you will need to know about the Darkest Dungeon 2 Cloud Syncing error. While you are here you can also have a look at How To Sell Items.