Overcooked 2 is one of the best games to play with your friends and thus many people are looking for its cross-platform support. Cross-platform is a very important feature in any game as it allows you and your friends to play together no matter the system you are on. And since this game is easy to get into many players want to try it out. So in this guide let us check how to play Overcooked 2 cross-platform with your friends.
How to Play Overcooked 2 Cross-Platform
Overcooked 2 does not support cross-platform, so if you want to play it cross-platform you will need Overcooked! All you can eat edition of the game. But while it doesn’t support cross-platform it does support crossplay. PC players can play this game with each other irrespective of whether they have this game on Steam or Epic. Similarly, console players can play with their friends of their respective consoles. Console and PC players cannot play together. Here is how you can invite your friends to play Overcooked 2 together.
- Press Y on your Xbox controller to invite friends. PlayStation players can do that using the triangle button and Nintendo Switch players can do the same with the X button.
- The first profile will be yours click on the profile with plus “+” on it.
- Next, click on invite.
- This will bring up the list of all your Team 17 friends.
- Choose your friends that are online.
- Click on their Profile and choose invite.
- Your friend will have to accept the invitation.
- Once they do they will join your game.
- This will allow you to play Story, Arcade, and Versus together.
Remember the player that is hosting or that invites other players gets to choose what game mode everyone gets to play.
How to Play Overcooked All You Can Eat Cross-Platform
There are two methods to do this
- Online play
- From the main menu press the Triangle button on your PlayStation controller to Manage Team. Nintendo Switch players have to press the X button and Xbox players have to press the Y button to do the same.
- It will show you the list of all your Team 17 friends.
- Now, invite the friends that you want to play with.
- Playing with random players
- You can either choose to Host Wireless or Search Wireless. When you host the game other players will join you. And when you choose search wireless you get to join other players.