Splitgate’s new season has released and players are flocking to see what’s new in it. But one thing might put a roadblock in your experience and that’s the dreaded black screen at launch. So, if Splitgate is crashing on PC at startup, check the following things to see if they resolve the problem.
How to Fix Splitgate Crashing or Black Screen at launch Issue (PC and Consoles)
If one fix doesn’t work, try the other one and relaunch the game to continue playing.
- Update your Drivers.
- Get the latest update of the game.
- Run Splitgate as administrator.
- Check if anti-virus or firewall is blocking your access to the game.
- Close any applications running in the background.
- Restart your game.
- Restart your PC.
- Check the file integrity of your game files.
- Check if your PC supports the minimum system requirements.
- Power Cycle your Console.
You can try these options if your game is lagging or freezing as well. Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date and if not, download them from the official website of the manufacturers. Plus, when you run the game as admin, it will get all the access permissions that should potentially avoid the black screen at launch issues.
Another thing to check is if the anti-virus or firewall are creating problems while you are trying to connect with the game. Disable it temporarily if required.
How to Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Restart your PC and then start Steam.
- Head to the game’s page in your library and right click it.
- Choose Properties from the drop down menu.
- Click on Local Files.
- Select Verify integrity of game files.
- Now, Steam will validate the files and once done, you will be all set.
- Make sure not to do this when your PC is doing something else that’s system-intensive like virus scanning, etc.
How to Do a Power Cycle for Consoles
- Press and hold the power button of your console.
- Do this for 10 seconds until the light goes off.
- Remove the power plug.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Put the power plug back in.
- Restart your console.
So, try all of these methods to see if the Splitgate crashing issues are fixed for your PC and Consoles. If not, it could be a problem from the developers end and they will most likely bring out a patch that fixes it. So, keep an eye on their official twitter account @Splitgate for the latest information. And for everything else related to this game, check out our Splitgate guides.