Stray is a realistic cat adventure that allows players to play as an orange feline cat. Being one of the most anticipated titles, the videogame has lived up to its expectations. But some players are having issues as they launch the game on their PCs. Players are unable to start the game as it crashes when they launch it. This issue could occur due to several reasons. Not to worry, here’s our guide on how to fix the Stray crash at launch issue for PC players.
How to Fix Stray Crash at Launch Issue on PC
Before you get on to try out other methods, check if your PC supports the system requirements. Here are the minimum system requirements for Stray:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2300, or AMD FX-6350
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti, AMD Radeon R7 360 (2 GB)
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 10 GB available space
If your PC doesn’t meet the above minimum requirements, there is a high chance it won’t work out.
Mentioned below are some of the potential methods to fix the crash at launch issue on PC:
Verify Game Files Integrity
Follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam Client or launcher.
- Select the Library tab that will open your games.
- Now, right-click on Stray and select the Properties option.
- Select the Local Files tile to your left.
- Then, select the Verify the integrity of your game files option.
This will scan all of your Stray’s game files. If the files are corrupted, this method will re-download all of the files.
Update your Graphics Drivers
- Search for Device Manager and launch it.
- Expand the Display Adapters option or double-click on it.
- Right-click on your graphics card and select the Update drivers option.
As your drivers are updated to their latest version, launch the game to check if the issue persists. If it does, try out our next method.
Check Windows Update
If your Windows update is outdated, it can result in such issues to occur. So, make sure that your Windows is updated to its latest version.
- Head over to the Settings and select the Windows Update tile to your left.
- Then, select the Check for Updates option. If your Windows is outdated, download and install the necessary updates.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the updates, reboot your PC.
Launch the game to check if the issue persists.
Disable Antivirus & Windows Firewall
- There might be a chance that your Anti-virus program to interfere with the game.
- So, temporarily disable the Windows Firewall and your installed Anti-virus protection.
Launch the game to check if this issue persists.
Reinstalling Stray on PC
- If none of the above methods work out, this classic method will surely do.
- Firstly, uninstall Stray from your PC. Then, install it from the Steam launcher.
This should hopefully resolve the crashing issue.
That’s everything covered on how to fix Stray crash at launch issue on PC players. If you liked this guide, check out our other Stray Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.