Call Of The Wild The Angler provides players with seamless online multiplayer wherein they can join and have the ultimate fishing experience along with their friends. In the multiplayer coop, players can embark on the journey of becoming the Master Angler and explore the environment around them with others. While you can go on fishing trips solo, journeying through the immersive environment can be fun with your friends. Not to mention, you will be able to do a variety of things in COTW. So if you are wondering how to join and play coop with others, here is a guide you should check out further.
How to Join Friends & Play Multiplayer in Call of the Wild The Angler
To join your friends and play multiplayer with them in Call of the Wild The Angler, you will have to first create or log into your Apex Connect account. Players can do so from the main menu of the game and by selecting the Apex Connect option. After which, here are the steps you can follow to add your friends in COTW The Angler:
- Head to the Apex Connect option in the menu
- Select the Add Friends tab from above
- Here enter the in-game display name of the friend you want to add
- After finding the friend, send the friend request
- Once done, your friend will have to accept the request from the pending request in the Add Friends tab
Players can then play with their friends by clicking the join option after selecting their friend’s display name in the Friends tab. After joining with your friend, simply enter the server in Call of the Wild The Angler, and enjoy the multiplayer coop. Another important thing to keep in mind is that COTW supports crossplay. Meaning, that it won’t matter if each of your friends is playing on different platforms. You will be able to join them in multiplayer regardless in Call of the Wild The Angler.
COTW The Angler Multiplayer Not Working Fix
If you are facing delay, that might be because of server issues or Call of the Wild The Angler multiplayer servers being full. According to this Steam Community Thread, one of the devs stated that they are experiencing some server issues and are working on resolving them soon. You will have to wait till the server issues get fixed to enjoy fishing again. Till then you can try out these workarounds to fix the issue:
- Retry Joining Server: Try to join the server again with your friends to see if it works out in the game.
- Restart the Game: You can always close and relaunch the game to see if the issue has been resolved as it might be some temporary bug.
- Update the Game: Chances are you are missing out on some updates. So check if you have any pending updates and upgrade the game to the latest version.
That’s everything covered on Call of the Wild The Angler multiplayer guide. Check out our Best Fishing Locations guide for Call of the Wild The Angler, right here on Gamer Tweak.