Ever since the advent of wireless media, every company and their product are trying to go fully wireless and Xbox is no exception. Luckily, for us gamers, there are options to attach wireless headsets directly to our Xbox One and Series consoles and enjoy the game and party chats with complete freedom. Let’s learn how you can connect and use your Bluetooth headphones to your Xbox One & Series X/S.
How to Use Bluetooth Headphones with Xbox One & Series X/S
Let’s face it. Wires are a hassle and no one likes them. Yes! Wires you heard that right! No one likes you! So for people on Xbox how do you connect your wireless headset to your console? It’s simple but comes with a set of limitations. Xbox as a platform doesn’t use traditional Bluetooth but uses an alternate method/ technology called “Xbox wireless”. What is it though? It’s not rocket science I can tell you that it’s just a simple name given to the Bluetooth/wireless technology that Xbox provides.
There are two types of wireless technologies headsets use to connect with the Xbox family of consoles and they are as follows:
- Xbox Wireless Headphones (Hassle-free connection)
- Standard Bluetooth Headphones (Needs workaround)
Compatible Xbox Wireless Headphones
For the headsets that are compatible with your Xbox consoles, the process is quite simple and can be done by following these steps:
- Turn on your consoles and your headphones.
- Look for the pairing buttons on both these devices.
- Press and hold this button till the light on your consoles and your headset starts blinking.
- The blinking means the devices are pairing.
- Once the lights stop blinking that means your devices have connected and you are good to go.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One & Series X/S
There are a few different ways/options to connect standard Bluetooth headphones to your Xbox One and they go as follows:
- Using Bluetooth transmitters
- Audio Passthrough on Television
- By Xbox app on PC
- Though the Xbox app on Phone
Using Bluetooth Transmitters
Here’s how to connect & use Bluetooth headphones with Xbox One & Series X/S using a Transmitter:
- Turn on your consoles and press and hold the pairing button on your transmitter.
- Once the light starts blinking connect the transmitter to your controller using the USB port.
- Turn on pairing mode on your headset by pressing and holding the pairing button.
- Once the lights stop blinking on both your devices, you have successfully paired and are ready to go.
Use Your Television to Connect
Here’s how to connect & use Bluetooth headphones with Xbox One & Series X/S using your TV as a passthrough:
- Connect your Xbox to your television using the HDMI cable.
- Use your TV source menu use to set the input to the HDMI slot you have plugged into.
- With that out of the way, connect your headset directly to your television and you are good.
- This will only work if your TV is capable of connecting to a Bluetooth device.
Use Your PC to Connect Xbox Bluetooth Audio
Here’s how to connect & use Bluetooth headphones with Xbox One & Series X/S using Xbox app on PC:
- Open the Xbox companion app on your PC.
- Connect your Xbox One to your PC by selecting the icon on the left.
- Windows will automatically find and pair itself to your Xbox, granted both of them have to be on the same network.
- Once that’s done you can use your PC to control your Xbox and use your Bluetooth headset.
Use the Xbox App on Mobile
Here’s how to connect & use Bluetooth headphones with Xbox One & Series X/S using Xbox app on your mobile phone:
- Connect your Bluetooth headset to your mobile phone.
- Now, go to the Xbox app and start a party chat under the social section.
- Simple as that, invite your friends and have fun.
There you go. These have been some of the ways you can enjoy that sweet Bluetooth freedom on your Xbox One consoles and elevate your gaming sessions. For everything Xbox-related, check out our other articles at GamerTweak.