Activision Support has announced details of a fairly significant patch on its twitter handle. Here is all you need to know about this update.
Based on the current version of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone, Tuesday’s update should be a patch 1.20. Infinity Ward, the Call Of Duty saga’s developer, said that this update will require you to download a 15 GB update file and will be available only on PlayStation and Xbox platforms. The update delivers the Data Pack 1 for Season 3 of this franchise. Here is how you can get this update for your game as well-
- Download and install the patch 1.20 once it releases.
- Select a mode- Campaign, Multiplayer Special Operations, etc.
- You will be brought to a game install menu.
- Here you need to download Data Pack 1 from this menu.
- Once downloaded, hard close and restart the game application.
There has been no official news for a PC release yet, although the patch notes released by Infinity Ward on April 24th do mention a few bug fixes for the PC game. This makes us speculate that this is a “console-only” update for now, but will soon be rolling out the PC updates, so don’t be disheartened PC gamers and stay tuned.
The April 24 post, has announced “some of the” the following new features with this update:
Playlist changes in Warfare:
- The classic Shoot the Ship 24/7 playlist, that combines popular maps of Shipment and Shoot
- House, is all set to return but with a modest twist- The Cranked and Grind mixed in.
- For all the 2v2 mode fans out there, ya’ll would be delighted to hear that a “fun variation” of
- Gunfight is on its way, although the developers remained tight-lipped on any further news regarding the same.
- Adding Drop Zone in both Core as well as Hardcore (Removes Deathmatch Domination).
- Adding Stir Crazy Playlist, the 10v10 playlist with Kill Confirmed, Domination, and Hardpoint
- Removing NVG Realism Mosh Pit
Playlist changes in Warzone:
- Adding Scopes and Scatter Guns BR Trios playlist – Snipers and Shotguns only (Replaces regular BR Trios)
Perhaps the “biggest” news about this update- Infinity Ward’s Co-Design Director, Joe Cecot has hinted a Master Camo for Modern Warfare in its Season 3. The master camo was being teased for several months and it is expected to finally release with this update now. And as an exciting addition, players will not have to unlock the esteemed Damascus skins in order to obtain it.
It should be in the mid season update. It will require gold be unlocked for the weapon before it will progress. It will take a long time :).
— Joe Cecot (@JoeCecot) April 11, 2020
Here is a preview of a few patch notes released by Infinity Ward. A full list of patch notes will be available shortly before the update goes live on InfinityWard.com:
- Fix for a bug where PC players using a Vega64 GPU could see corrupted outlines around their character models and weapons.
- Fix for a bug where selecting the USEF 1 skin for the Mil-Sim Operator appears as the default skin in Co-op.
- Adjusted the speed and sizing of the circle in Warzone.
- Fix for a bug where completing the completionist challenges for the SKS are unlocking the associated camos for the Renetti.
- Fix for a bug where unlocking camos for the SKS was inconsistent with other camo challenges for marksman rifles.
- Fixed a bug where the “Hard Wired” skin for Alex would appear in thermals while Cold Blooded is equipped.
- Fixed a bug where some watches were appearing in the wrong direction when gesturing.
- Fixed a bug where players could lose the option to pick their favorite Faction in the Operator menu.
- Fixed a bug where white lighting could be seen while moving or firing a weapon near specific locations.
- If you trace the pattern of the past few releases in the COD franchise, it is noteworthy to assume that the patch notes for this update could be released at around 10 pm CT on April 28. The update might then become available for download at around 1 am CT on April 29. However, Infinity Ward hasn’t confirmed the exact time of release yet.