Why does COD Modern Warfare say Missing Data Pack on Xbox and is there a fix? If this is what you’re wondering, here’s what you need to do. This is the same fix that will work for Call of Duty Warzone, Vanguard as well. This issue may affect your campaign, multiplayer or both, so let’s get right into it.
How to Fix COD Modern Warfare Missing Data Pack on Xbox
Follow these steps to fix the Missing Data Pack issue on your Xbox and continue playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Warzone or Vanguard.
- First, open up the main menu of your Xbox console.
- Find the game.
- Press the menu button on your Xbox controller (the one with three horizontal lines).
- From the pop-up that appears, head over to Manage Game and Add-ons and press A to select it.
- Now you will see various options such as Updates, Saved data, the version of the game installed etc.
- Select the game (the option where it shows Game installed).
- From the Internal storage menu, select All items and Game and Add-ons.
- Under this, you will see multiple packs such as “Modern Warfare – Special Ops Pack, Multiplayer & Special Ops Pack etc.
- Select every pack that you need (ensure that you have enough storage) and then click on Save Changes.
- It will download and install the packs.
- Then launch the game and it should work normally.
- This is what you need to fix the COD Missing Data Pack issue as well as the IW8-Ship error.
In case it still doesn’t work, the only last resort is to reinstall the game. And if even that doesn’t help, then you can contact Activision support for further assistance.
That’s all about the Missing Data Pack Xbox error for COD Modern Warfare, Warzone and Vanguard. For more COD guides related all of these games, make sure to explore Gamer Tweak!