Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo is available for players to play and it even has a cheat code that you can use. This is a good way to keep players busy and entertained while they wait for the actual game to release. And there are even a few secrets that you can find in your playthrough. So here is how you can use the Mad Chainsaw mode Cheat Code in RE4 Remake Demo.
Cheat Code for Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo
As of now, there is only one known cheat code for the RE4 Remake and it is quite easy to perform.
- Launch Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo on your PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.
- Next, when on the game’s home screen highlight the main story option then press and hold the following buttons.
- PlayStation: L1 + R1
- Xbox: LB + RB
- Space: Space
- Now, while holding the above buttons, press these buttons in this order to use the cheat:
- PlayStation: Up, Left, Down, Right, Square, Triangle, Circle, X, & X
- Xbox: Up, Left, Down, Right, X, Y, B, A, & A
- PC: W, A, S, D, R, I, E, F
- A new screen will pop up instead of the game screen. It will say “Extreme Difficulty “Mad Chainsaw Mode” Incoming!”.
- Here choose Accept challenge to start the game in this mode. Else choose Decline Challenge to play the game in Standard difficulty.
Do remember that there is a chance the above cheat won’t work on PC and may take several tries before it does.
I would suggest giving this mode a try because the mad chainsaw mode won’t be in the actual game when the Remake releases. Some things that you should know about this mode are:
- It will only be applied to the current single playthrough.
- If you fail you will have to wait until it gets triggered again after a few attempts.
- The enemies that spawn will be a lot stronger than usual.
- This mode won’t have any checkpoints, so dying means you will have to start from the beginning all over.
Secrets in Resident Evil 4 Remake Demo
While there is only 1 known cheat code that you can use in this demo, there is a trick that lets you get the TMP gun.
- Discard all your equipment before you enter the village that is before passing the gates.
- Make your way to the well, it is near the tower. Make sure you don’t pick up anything else on the way.
- Go down and open the blue chest to find the TMP gun.
Get the Shotgun: While there is no trick or code for it, there is a chance you might miss it if you don’t explore much. You can find the Shotgun in one of the houses on the left side of the Village.
That covers this guide on the cheat code for RE4 Remake Demo, how to use it, and how to get the TMP & Shotgun. You should find our guides useful on how to parry and how old Ashley and Leon are in RE4 Remake.