Luckily, it is possible to change the Xbox Gamertag even on handy devices like your Phone. But not many people are used to Xbox’s environment which makes things difficult to understand for them. Most players even don’t know that changing Gamertag is possible on devices other than the Console. So, if you are bored with your old username, and want to get a new name, then we got you all covered. Here’s what you can do to Change your Xbox Gamertag on your respective Android or iOS devices. Take a look below to get started.
How to Change Xbox Gamertag on Android or iOS Phones
If you downloaded the Xbox app on your phone, then follow these steps to change your Gamertag.
- Open the Xbox app on your device.
- Head over to the Profile section and enter Settings.
- Navigate and tap on ‘Help Topics’ under ‘Support & Feedback.’
- Next, tap on ‘Manage your account & profile’ and select ‘How to Change your Xbox Gamertag.’
- After that, select the ‘On the Web’ option under the ‘Ways to Change your Gamertag’ section.
- Now, select ‘Choose your New Gamertag.’
- Doing so will open your browser and redirect you to an Xbox page.
- From there, you can change your Xbox Gamertag successfully on the Phone.
Also, keep in mind that changing the Gamertag will be free of charge for the first time. Later, you will have to pay a specific amount for changing it.
- Besides this, you can also access the Xbox Support page on your browser to change Gamertag.
- On this page, you need to select the ‘On the Web’ option under the ‘Ways to Change your Gamertag’.
- And after that, follow the same steps as above to change your Xbox Gamertag on your Phone.
That’s pretty much everything you can do to Change your Xbox Gamertag. For more such informative content, make sure to check out our Video Game Guides category right here on Gamer Tweak.