It is tricky to change language in Age Of Empires 4 because the game does not come with a language option. You can only modify settings related to gameplay, UI, etc. The language option is not provided and for this, you will have to modify the OS language. For example, if you are a Spanish user and still the game display the English language this guide will help you in changing the same. This is not going to modify the game audio files, but the UI will be translated from English to other languages.
How To Change Language In AoE4 (Age Of Empires 4)?
You will have to install a language pack from the Microsoft store to do the same. This is a major OS modification, you can skip if you are not sure of the same.
- Exit AoE4 and then click on the Start button.
- Click on Settings and go to Time and Language.
- Click on Language on the left side.
- Click on Add Language and install the language you want.
The above steps will help you to add more languages to Windows 10 or Windows 11. Follow the steps below to change the A0E4 language. We will take Spanish as the language that will be used as an example to change the AoE4 UI language.
- After installing a new language reboot your system.
- Go to Settings > Time and Language.
- Click on Language on Left and drag the new language to the top.
Restart your system one more time to make things proper. The system will now restart in the chosen language.
- Click on Start and then click on Age of Empires 4.
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft store to install an additional language pack.
- Allow the installation and then launch the game again.
If everything goes well you will see the above popup after the game launch. This indicates the new language is installed and the Age of Empires 4 game UI will be changed. There won’t be any change in the audio. You can see, to change the Age of Empires 4 game language you will have to change the operating system language. Also, the settings will not work if your region and the language do not match.
Change AoE4 Lanage – Steam
The above settings were for Microsoft Store and Xbox App. But if you had purchased this game from Steam then the settings are different. No need to follow the above settings.
- Launch Steam and go to the game Library.
- Click on the Language Tab.
- Click on the drop-down and you will set of available languages.
This is how you can change the language of Age of Empires 4. Settings are different for users who had purchased this game from Microsoft Store and Steam. Looking for more tweaks then do not forget to try AoE4 Cheat codes. Also if you are downloading the game and the size is huge then you can reduce it. Refer to this guide on how to reduce AoE4 download size.