Helldivers 2 has numerous difficulty settings for players to toggle with if they find the gameplay too easy or hard for their liking. However, most of these will be locked early on in the game and players will have to level up and progress in order to unlock them. If you want to change difficulty in Helldivers 2, it’s actually quite easy. However, since the game is not exactly clear on it, players can get confused.
Depending on how challenging you want the gameplay to be, you can change the difficulty and play. However, do note that you cannot change difficulties if you have already started a mission. You will have to be on your ship to be able to do so. If you are finding it hard to understand the difficulty system in Helldivers 2, our guide has everything you will need.
All Helldivers 2 Difficulties and How to Unlock Them
There are a total of nine difficulties in the game. If you want to change difficulty in Helldivers 2, here’s how you can unlock them all:
- Trivial – Available at the start
- Easy – Complete a mission on Trivial
- Medium – Complete a mission on Easy
- Challenging – Complete a mission on Medium
- Hard – Complete a mission on Challenging
- Extreme – Complete a mission on Hard
- Suicide Mission – Complete a mission on Extreme
- Impossible – Complete a mission on Suicide Mission
- Helldive – Complete a mission on Impossible
How to Change Difficulty in Helldivers 2
To change difficulty in Helldivers 2, players need to head to the Galactic War screen on the ship. There they can find all the difficulties that they have unlocked at the bottom of the screen. Change it left or right to decrease or increase the difficulty and then you can play the next mission in that difficulty.
That’s all there is to it. If you found this guide helpful, do check out our other Helldivers 2 guides right here at Gamer Tweak.