Knowing how to build a roof can protect your base from certain dangers in Sons of the Forest. And you need to have pillars to support it. But you cannot roam around in your cabin with pillars everywhere. So here is how you can build a roof without a center beam in Sons of the Forest.
How to Build a Roof in Sons of the Forest
You will need plenty of logs for making a Roof in Sons of the Forest.
- 4 logs for the base
- 5 log for floor and roof: You have to cut them in half, and use 5 half logs to make the floor. And use the other 5 half logs for the roof.
- 4 logs for pillars
- 4 logs to connect these pillars
This is excluding the walls you will need a lot more if we add those as well.
- Start by placing 4 logs on the ground and connecting them in a square.
- Next, chop your logs in half and place them in this square to make your floor.
- Then, place 4 logs on each corner of your base in an erect manner.
- Now, you need to connect the top ends of these erect logs by placing 4 logs horizontally again making a square.
- Finally, place the remaining half logs again on top of them to complete your roof.
How to Build a Roof Without Center Beam
You can build a roof without the center beam by removing it after the roof is complete.
- Using the above method make 4 such bases with roofs that are connected to each other. You will save some logs because many will be shared.
- Now interact with the center beam and press C to remove it.
- You will now have a roof without the center beam.
That covers this guide on how to Build a Roof in Sons of the Forest, and how to make it without the center beam. For more help on this game be sure to check out our Sons of the Forest section.