If you are one of the players who are getting a black screen on launch in Battlefield 2042, then this is the guide for you. Today, let’s look at everything you can do to potentially fix this issue that will stop you from joining matches and enjoying the game.
How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Black Screen on Launch on PC
If your PC supports the minimum system requirements, here are the things you can check to potentially fix the black screen on launch problem in BF 2042.
Make sure the game is updated to the latest patch
- With every new patch, the developers fix bugs and other issues so make sure that your game is always updated to the latest patch.Update the game via Origin by heading into your library, right-clicking on Battlefield 2042 and clicking on Update game.
Update your graphics drivers to the latest version
- Sometimes, outdated drivers are the reason behind a game’s crashes as well as black screen problems. Head over to the manufacturer’s official site and download the latest version of the graphics drivers from there. After they are installed, relaunch the game and check if you are able to move ahead and join games.
Repair the Game files
Verify the Game Files on Origin
- Launch the Origin client.
- Click on My Game Library.
- Find BF 2042.
- Right-click on it.
- Click on Repair.
- Then the process of file verification will begin.
- After it’s done, relaunch the game.
Verify the Game Files on Epic Games Store
- Start Epic Games launcher.
- Click on the Game Library.
- Click on BF 2042.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Verify.
- Close the launcher, restart it and launch the game again.
Verify BF 2042 Game Files on Steam
- Find Battlefield 2042 in your Game Library.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Click on Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This is when Steam will verify if any of your game files are corrupt or not.
- Then relaunch the game and see if you are able to launch it without any issues.
Launch the game from a different launcher on PC
- Use the Origin launcher to repair and play the game and not the EA desktop app. But before that, you will have to close the EA desktop app and end the process via the Task Manager.
Battlefield 2042 Documents folder
Thankfully, this will NOT reset your online progression. It will only reset your game settings and send you to the intro.
- Go to C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Battlefield 2042.
- Delete the folder called Settings.
- Load up Origin again.
- Repair the game via Origin.
- Check if you can launch the game.
EA Desktop App Recovery
- Select the three lines on the left side of EA Desktop
- Scroll down till to Help
- Click App recovery
- Click on Clear cache
- Close Origin or EA Desktop app
- Go into the Origin game folder on your PC or the game folder where you installed BF 2042
- Cut the Battlefield 2042 folder by pressing Ctrl+X
- Paste it to your desktop by pressing Ctrl+V
- Cut it again by pressing Ctrl+X
- Paste it back in again by pressing Ctrl+V in the game installation folder of Origin or EA Desktop app
- Now, open Origin or EA Desktop app and check if it re-scans the folder
- Launch the game and see if you are able to launch it
Change the Resolution of your Monitor Temporarily
- Change your monitor’s resolution to 1080p if you have a 1440p monitor.
- Check if you are able to launch the game.
- Close the game.
- Change the resolution back to what it was previously.
Uninstall the Game
- You can also uninstall the game as a last resort. But it could potentially fix your issue so it’s worth a try if every other step here does not work.