FC 6 is packed with adventure, thrilling moments, and super loyal companions aka amigos. But, the Far Cry 6 Black Screen issue that’s coming up after the update is bugging quite a few players. Those looking for a fix need not look elsewhere, here’s how to potentially fix the FC6 stuck on black screen problem.
Far Cry 6 Black Screen After Update on PC Fix
To fix the FC6 black screen problem, you will need to verify the game files via Ubisoft connect or Epic Games Store. The process is easy, here’s the step-by-step guide:
Verify the Game Files on Ubisoft Connect
- Start Ubisoft Connect
- Click on Games > Far Cry 6
- Click on Properties
- Find Local Files
- Click on Verify Files
Verify the Game Files on Epic Games Store
- Start Epic Games launcher
- Click on the Game Library
- Click on Far Cry 6
- Select Settings
- Click on Verify
- Close the launcher, restart it and launch the game again
If this does not do the trick, don’t lose hope. There are some more things you can do to resolve this problem.
- Get the latest updates for your display drivers – Head to the official websites of manufacturers like Nvidia, AMD or Intel to get the newest versions and install them right away.
- ALT + TAB out of your game and ALT + TAB back in to see if it’s fixed – This will change from fullscreen to windowed to fullscreen mode and may possibly fix the issue.
- Restart your PC – The oldest trick in the book may still work in this case. Restart your PC and relaunch Far Cry 6 and check if the error persists.
- Wait for Ubisoft to release a patch fixing this issue – Sometimes, none of the aforementioned tips will work because it’s a problem from Ubisoft’s end. Until the devs release a patch that will fix this issue, all we can do is wait.
This is everything that is known about the Far Cry 6 stuck on black screen issue. For more FC 6 tips, tricks and error fixes, check out our guides on Gamer Tweak.