Helicopters can be found on large-scale maps (which means most if not all of them) across the battlefield and are quite a task to fly. The trickiest part of flying a helicopter is to learn how to keep it stable. Unlike other games, when it comes to vehicles, Battlefield is much more focused on its simulation aspects. Flying a helicopter, much like in real life, is much harder than flying a plane in Battlefield 2042. It takes time, patience, and mastery.
How to Fly a Helicopter in Battlefield 2042?
- For M&K the controls are A&D to turn left and right respectively, W to move forward, and S to lean backward. Controller users can use the joysticks at their heart’s content.
- You can also use evasive maneuvers like rolling mid-air to dodge incoming projectiles using the right stick on the controllers and the mouse left and right movements on the PC.
- Speaking of evasion, flares and countermeasures are important to get rid of those pesky missiles, so make sure to press X on the keyboard and the left bumper on controllers to do so.
- If you wish to look back then press the right stick on the controllers and RMB on PC.
- When it comes to laying down some firepower you can use LMB on PC works and the right trigger on the controllers shoots. For the helicopters that come with multiple weapons pressing F on PC and Y/TRIANGLE on controllers will switch to different guns.
Word of advice, learn how to take off, land, and control the chopper first before engaging in combat. If you can control the bird then you can make her do anything, trust me. You can practice all your helicopter controls/skills in private matches solo or with a friend. Learning how to fly helicopters is a hard ordeal in any Battlefield game and 2042 is no different. But, if you give it time and master it then you can be reigning terror in the skies, as helicopters are much more maneuverable and mobile than planes are. Their ability to stay stationary mid-air helps a lot.
There you go a quick and easy guide for flying a helicopter in Battlefield 2042. If you liked what you read, you can check out other articles for Battlefield 2042 and all other things gaming, here at GamerTweak.