As with most online games, Battlefield 2042 is facing some teething issues and the game is crashing on Xbox Series X|S consoles. Players are unable to play multiple matches because the game keeps freezing and disconnecting. In this article, we will look at all potential solutions/workarounds that you can use until BF2042 developers patch it out soon.
How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Crashing on Xbox Series X|S Consoles?
These are the things you need to check if BF2042 is crashing on your Xbox consoles.
- Close the game and relaunch
- Selecting the Quit option for your game and then restart it and check if the issue is resolved.
- Check for any game updates
- Find out if there are any updates or patches that has potentially fixed the Battlefield 2042 crashing issue.
- Check the Battlefield 2042 server status
- If the servers are down, you will get connection issues, login problems and lag. Just in case the servers are having an outage/downtime period, all you can do is wait until the servers are back up and running.
- Power Cycle your Xbox
- Press and hold the power button of your Xbox console.
- Do this for 10 seconds until the light goes off.
- Remove the power plug.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Put the power plug back in.
- Restart your Xbox console.
- Clear up your Xbox’s cache
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Click on Settings > System Settings > Storage.
- Choose a storage device and press Y on your controller.
- Click on Clear System Cache.
- Now, click on Yes.
- Restart your console.
- Disconnect your router and wait for 60 seconds. Then re-connect it and see if the error persists.
If none of these workarounds work for you, then all that’s left to do is contact support and check out how they can assist you.
That’s all for this one. Meanwhile, if you’re looking for more tips, tricks and error fixes for Battlefield 2042, we’ve compiled a few guides for on Gamer Tweak.