Emeralds are the in-game currency that players can use for trading with villagers as well as wandering traders. You can buy or sell certain items in exchange for Emeralds and you can craft with them too. And in this guide, we will take a look at the best villager trades for fast Emerald farming in Minecraft.
Best Villager Trades For Emeralds Farming in Minecraft (2023)
Players who would like to get more Emeralds from villagers, need to find and interact the following ones because the items they are looking for can be found or crafted easily. Keep at it and you can farm Emeralds fast (instead of mining it) through this method.
Villager Trading for Emeralds & Items They Want in Exchange
- Librarian (Best villager to get Emeralds from) – Books, Paper, Ink Sac, Book and Quill
- Farmer – Wheat, Carrot, Potato, Beetroot, Pumpkin, Melon
- Stone Mason – Clay, Andesite, Diorite, Granite, Nether Quartz
- Fletcher – Sticks, String, Flint, Feather, Tripwire Hook
- Cartographer- Paper, Glass Pane, Compass
- Weaponsmith – Coal, Flint, Iron Ingot, Diamond
- Fisherman – String, Coal
- Shepherd – Wool, Dye
How to Make a Librarian Villager
- Find a villager that has no job.
- Make a Lectern.
- You need x1 Bookshelf, x4 Wooden Slabs.
- Place the Bookshelf in the center.
- Place 3 Wooden slabs in the top row and 1 at the center of the last row.
- This will create a lectern. Move it to your inventory.
- Place it near the villager.
- Let them interact with it.
- This is how to make a Librarian villager.
Now, the next step is to give some Books and Paper to the Librarian villager – here’s how to get these items.
How to Craft Paper and a Book
- Players need 3 Paper, 1 Leather and the Crafting Table to make a Book in Minecraft Survival Mode. Place all the Paper in the top row, and the Leather goes in the first block of the middle row.
- Paper can be crafted from 3x Sugar Cane placed horizontally in the middle row. You can find Sugar cane in your world, especially in areas with water.
- Leather can be crafted from 4x Rabbit Hide placed in the the 4 blocks to the top left of the crafting menu.
- After you craft them, don’t forget to move them to your inventory.
That’s what you need to know about the best villager trades to get and farm Emeralds in Minecraft. If you are looking for more Minecraft tips, tricks and tutorials, be sure to head over to our category on Gamer Tweak.