As you progress through in D2R you can use Mercenaries to fight beside you. They are also referred to as hirelings or mercs. These mercs have all kinds of abilities like using ranged attacks consisting of fire, lightning, or ice. Alternatively, you could also get them to fight close by and act as a tank while you cast spells from a safe distance. No matter how you play they can always come in handy. So in this guide let us take a look at the best mercenaries for diablo 2 resurrected and their controls.
What are Mercenaries for Diablo 2 Resurrected and How to Control Them
Mercenaries are nothing but NPCs that you can use to your players’ advantage in fights. You can give equipment to your mercs. Having this feature makes your character’s build very important near the ending of the game. You can hire mercenaries after you complete the Blood Raven Quest in Act 1. In each Act you can hire and resurrect mercs through these NPCs:
- Kashya in Act 1
- Greiz in Act 2
- Ashera in Act 3
- Tyrael (will only resurrect) in Act 4
- Qual-Khek in Act 5
- You can’t tell your merc what to do
- Mercs can be given potions by clicking one of your belt’s hotkey potions while pressing & holding the shift button.
- You can access your merc’s inventory can be accessed by pressing the O button.
Best Mercenaries for D2R
These are my recommendations for the best merc in Diablo 2 Resurrected.
- Defensive merc that uses the Holy Freeze from Act 2. This is a great hireling because not only does he do cold damage to the enemies. It also slows down and fleeing or incoming enemies while also slowing down their attack speed.
- Combat Hireling that uses Prayer from Act 2. It has a simple ability that will give you life regeneration.
- Offensive Merc that uses Might from Act 2. It boosts physical attack damage. Hence it is a good companion if you have a build of Frenzy Barbarian or Zealadin.
All the Mercenaries in Diablo II Resurrected
There are different hirelings you can hire from the Acts in the game. Each hireling uses a different ability so you should pick a merc which compliments your player abilities the best. These are all of them:
Act 1: Rogues
They use these arrows
- Cold Arrows
- Fire Arrows
Act 2: Desert Warriors
They have the following auras
- Holy Freeze
- Blessed Aim
Act 3: Iron Wolves
They use these elemental magic
- Charged Bolt
- Glacial Spike
- Ice Blast
- Frozen Armor
Act 5: Barbarians
They use these abilities
That covers everything in this guide about the Best mercenaries in D2R. Since you like playing this game be sure to check out our guide on how to imbue in Diablo 2 Resurrected.