While playing God of War Ragnarok you get two Companions, that have some skills best suited to work for Kratos. Not knowing about them can make you waste your XP which is already difficult to earn for them. And that is where this list comes in. So in this guide check out how to use companion ability & find the best skills for them in God of War Ragnarok.
Best Companions’ Skills in God of War Ragnarok
Before proceeding ahead there are spoilers for the second companion in the game. There are two main companions in GoW Ragnarok, Atreus and Freya. You should use the following skills with them:
- Cunning Eagle Eye: This skill is part of the Instinct skill tree. You can slow down time when aiming after a successful parry.
- Focus Shot: This skill is part of the Archery skill tree. It allows you to charge up your arrow while aiming and using light attacks. Charged shots deal more damage and can knock back enemies.
- Bludgeoning Strikes: This Skill is Part of the Aggression skill tree. Using light attack lets you trip and strike an enemy. Holding the light attack and then attacking lets you deal extra stun damage.
I suggest you check our guide on best Atreus skills to learn more about them.
- Seeds of Ruin: This is part of the Vanir Magic skill tree. Freya summons vines to pull a big rock from the ground and throw it at the enemy.
- Hex Reignition: This skill is part of the Archery skill tree. Enemies hexed by Freya’s Sigil arrows have two elemental explosions.
- Goddess Aggression: This skill is part of the Valkyrie skill tree. Freya parries and charges into enemies a lot more than usual and has a very aggressive play.
Best Companion Equipment in God of War Ragnarok
Armors are only for visual effects for your companions. This is applicable to both Atreus or Freya as they don’t give any extra stats to them. So you can equip any Armor of your choice that you feel looks good on them.
How to Use Companion Ability in God of War Ragnarok
You can use your Companion skills by pressing the Square button on your controller. Based on their skill they will act on their own to help Kratos. So that is one less thing you need to worry about while playing.
That covers this guide on the best companions’ skills in God of War Ragnarok and how to use their ability. If you are looking for help on similar topics then check out our GoW Ragnarok Wiki.