Sonic Origins compiles and remasters four of the classic Sonic videogames for the SEGA Genesis. If you are privy to Sonic lore, you might know about his Super Sonic form. For those that don’t know, it is like Goku’s Super Saiyan form except it does not solely transform his hair. The Super Sonic form increases his power level, strength, speed, and more. But can you become one in Super Sonic? Yes, you can. So, here’s our guide on how to unlock and become Super Sonic in Sonic Origins.
How to Become Super Sonic in Sonic Origins
There are two ways to become Super Sonic. You can either become one legitimately or with the cheat codes. Similar to the original Sonic series, you need to collect the Chaos Emeralds to become a Super Sonic. Speaking about the legitimate way, you can transform only in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. Why not Sonic (1) CD and Sonic the Hedgehog?
Because the concept of Chaos Emeralds or Super Sonic wasn’t introduced back then. So, let’s start with unleashing this transformation in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 first.
How to Become Super Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Follow these steps to become Super Sonic:
- As you start the game, collect 50 Rings and all the seven Emeralds.
- You can gather rings and Emeralds at the checkpoints. Upon hitting each checkpoint, you will pass through a pipe filled with them.
- There are three checkpoints and you need to make sure to collect at least 50 rings.
- Once you have the rings and Emeralds, press the Jump and X button (For PS users hit the triangle button & for Xbox players hit Y) to transform.
- The normal Sonic music will change into the Super Sonic music as you transform.
- As you progress your collected rings will be consumed due to the transformation.
- When all your rings are consumed, the transformation will wear off.
- But not to worry, as you will get plenty of rings on hitting a checkpoint. Also, you get a Chaos Emerald for collecting the 50 Rings.
How to Become Super Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Similar to the previous way, you need to collect the Rings and Emeralds to transform. Follow these steps:
- As you progress through the level, you need to jump through a Giant Ring.
- Upon entering the ring, you will be teleported to a checkboard-type level called Blue Spheres.
- Now, what we need to do is dodge the Red spheres and collect the Blue ones. You will fail if you collect a Red Sphere.
- Once you complete this level, you will get a Chaos Emerald.
- And as you collect all the 7 Emeralds, you can transform into a Super Sonic.
Super Sonic Cheat Codes
To skip the above hassles, you can simply enter a cheat code to get the Chaos Emeralds. The cheat codes for Chaos Emeralds are as follows:
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2: 04 + 01 + 02 + 06
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckle: 04 + 01 + 02 + 06. In addition to that, you can also enter this code twice to get a Hyper Sonic form.
For more cheat codes, you can check out our guide on all new Cheat Codes in Sonic Origins.
Can you become Super Sonic in Sonic 1 (CD)?
Yes, but it can be possible only through a workaround and using cheat codes. So, follow these steps:
- Firstly, set the number of Chaos Emeralds to 7. You can do that by using an Up + Down + Left + Right + START cheat code.
- You will see the Chaos Emerald option to the bottom right of the menu.
- As you begin with the game, type 04 + 01 + 02 + 06 cheat code to get Chaos Emeralds.
- Now, all you need to do is collect 50 Rings before the level completes.
- Then, hit the Jump and Triangle button (For Switch hit X & for Xbox players hit Y) to transform into Super Sonic.
- As the level progresses, your rings will also be consumed.
That’s everything covered about how to become Super Sonic in Sonic Origins. If you liked this guide, check out our other Video Gaming Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.