Volo and Giratina are quite difficult to beat in Pokemon Legends Arceus. This is because you have to fight them not once, not twice, but thrice. And to add to the difficulty Volo has an extremely balanced team that can counter most Pokemon. Hence it becomes a battle of who gets the right counter first. But if you know his strategy, beating him shouldn’t be very tough. So in this guide check out the best Pokemon you can use to counter Volo and Giratina in Pokemon Legends Arceus.
How to Beat Volo & Giratina in Pokemon
In order to Beat Volo you should add at least two Pokemon strong enough to counter Giratina. There are three phases in this fight, the first time he will use his Pokemon team, and the other two times he fights with the Altered and Origin formes of Giratina.
Your team should have at least one tank like Snorlax or Blissey. And you must also carry max revives to bring your Pokemon back to full health. Lastly, try leveling your Pokemon to anything above level 70 to be able to have a fair fight against Volo. Here are the Pokemon he uses in battles, their levels, moves, and how to counter them.
- Spiritomb (Level 68)
- Moves: Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Hypnosis, and Shadow Ball
- Counters: Togekiss, Gardevoir , Sylveon
- Roserade (Level 68)
- Moves: Petal Dance, Poison Jab, and Spikes
- Counters: Hisuian Typhlosion, Crobat, Scyther
- Hisuian Arcanine (Level 68)
- Moves: Crunch, Raging Fury, and Rock Slide
- Counters: Floatzel, Palkia, Gastrodon
- Lucario (Level 68)
- Moves: Crunch, Bullet Punch, Close Combat, and Bulk Up
- Counters: Garchomp, Machamp, Magmortar
- Garchomp (Level 68)
- Moves: Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Slash, and Earth Power
- Counters: Froslass, Mamoswine, Abomasnow
- Togekiss (Level 68)
- Moves: Calm Mind, Extrasensory, Air Slash, and Moonblast
- Counters: Luxray, Electivire, Jolteon
After the first phase, Giratina appears in its Altered forme. The moveset and Pokemon level will be the same when it fights again in its Origin forme.
- Giratina (Level 70)
- Moves: Earth Power, Shadow Force, and Dragon Claw
- Counters: Blissey, Dusknoir, Weavile
Thus you should select some Pokemon from the above counters to make your perfect team and level them up.
Tips to Defeat Volo & Giratina
- Volo (First Phase of fight)
- Volo always starts the fight with Spiritomb. Make sure you set your Pokemon as a strong counter to make his Spiritomb faint in one hit. This will give you an upper hand in the battle.
- Based on the opponent Pokemon and their health select whether to attack in Agile style or in Strong style. If you have a fast Pokemon you can hit the opponent twice using Agile style. The attack won’t be as powerful but hitting twice might help make the opponent Pokemon faint. Similarly, if you see their health to be half or near half, you can go for a strong-style attack to one-hit them.
- If you have a tank Pokemon then sacrifice them and use Max revives to prepare your team to counter the remaining Pokemon.
- Giratina (Second & Third Phase of fight)
- Giratina will always attack with Shadow Force, not only is this attack very powerful it also obscures Giratina. So be ready to watch your Pokemon miss many attacks.
- You can send Snorlax that knows Bite to counter Giratina. Not only will it be able to tank any incoming attacks Shadow force will be useless against it.
- Try using Fairy attacks from a Fairy Pokemon to take advantage of the STAB bonus. Even if the damage increase isn’t much you should take as many advantages as you can get.
That covers this guide on the best counters you can use to beat Volo & Giratina in Pokemon Legends Arceus. If you need help on other topics of this game be sure to check our Pokemon Legends Arceus guides.