If you have noticed that Back 4 Blood isn’t starting properly when you launch it, we’ve got just the fix for you. This issue causes the game to stop working properly as soon as you open it. It can be a rather frustrating issue, but fortunately, we’ve got just the solution for you.
How to Fix Back 4 Blood Not Starting/Launching Error in Xbox Game Pass, Playstation, & Steam?
To learn how you can fix the Back 4 Blood Crashing at Startup error on Xbox Game Pass, Playstation, and Steam, keep reading the steps in this article.
Install Back 4 Blood on Your SSD to Fix the Crash at Launch Error
- Check to see if Back 4 Blood has been installed on your Solid State Drive (SSD). Installing an application or a game on your SSD will make sure it loads and opens up much faster. You might face a crashing error in Back 4 Blood if it has been installed on your hard drive.
- If you have an SSD on your computer and you want to know where the game is saved, open ‘This PC’ on your computer. Once you do so, you should find two locations, the C drive, and the D drive. Make sure you install the game into the C drive. The C drive is generally the SSD in most computers.
Lower the Game Settings to Fix the Crash at Startup Error
- If Back 4 Blood begins to crash mid-game, you can fix it by first going to the Options tab. From here, go to the Graphics option and then head to the Post Processing Quality menu. Here, set the quality to low. Doing so might help the game run better.
- You can also change the settings of the game to their original preferences. If this does not work, you can even lower the settings to the lowest preferences. This will let your game run even more smoothly.
Find the Missing dll Address
- If you find the xinput1_4.dll to be missing, you will need to go to the C drive and then go to Windows. From here, go to System 32 and then find xinput1_3.dll. Now, copy this file address and paste it on your desktop. Once you do so, rename it to xinput1_4.dll. Now, paste this address back into the System 32 folder.
Disable Steam Overlay
- The Steam overlay might be causing Back 4 Blood to crash when you start it.
- To do so, you will first need to open the Steam application.
- From here, go to the Steam menu and click on Settings.
- Here, you will find the In-game overlay button towards the left side.
- From this option, you will be able to disable the Steam overlay. To do so, you will need to uncheck the ‘Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game’ option.
- Now, click OK to save all the settings.
- Once you do so, close the Steam application.
- Now, whenever you open Back 4 Blood, press the Shift+Tab keys.
- Along with Steam, you can also disable any other overlays that may not let your game function smoothly.
Edit Configuration Files to fix Not Starting Issue
- Another solution to solve the error that causes Back 4 Blood to crash when starting is to edit the configuration files. You can also force this setting via Steam.
- To do so, you will need to go to the Steam library and then search for Back 4 Blood.
- Once you find the game, right-click on it. Now, click on Properties.
- From here, go to the General tab. Click on Set launch option.
- Here, type -windowed –noborder and click OK.
- Like all games that run on the Unreal Engine 4, Back 4 Blood is known to have issues with overclocked GPU’s or CPU’s.
- Try to disable overclocking on the CPU and GPU in your computer.
- This process should hopefully prevent Back 4 Blood from crashing every time you start it.
Update Your Graphic Card Driver to fix Not Starting Error in Back 4 Blood
- Graphic card drivers that are out-of-date may sometimes cause games and other applications to malfunction.
- Games often crash because of old graphic card drivers.
- You can update your drivers by visiting the official website of the graphic card manufacturer. Here, you will be provided with instructions and official updates.
These were all the potential fixes for the error that causes Back 4 Blood to crash every time you open it on Xbox Game Pass, Playstation, and Steam. Apart from all of these solutions, you can also expect the developers to come up with an update that will hopefully solve the issue, making your life much easier.
If you liked this article, check out how to unlock cards in Back 4 Blood.