Okay so, you have been busy grinding and leveling up your characters in PS4. And finally, you picked up the long-awaited PS5 version of Marvel’s Avengers. You start to install your new version to your brand-new console and start the game. But none of your save files are showing up. Your game is now starting from the beginning, and you have none of the armor or gear you worked so hard for. Is your save data gone? Will you be able to transition from PS4 to PS5?
Well, when you install some games in a new system, you have to play all over again because you haven’t enabled the local file save (looking at you GTA). Thankfully, in Avengers, don’t need to do that. But, you still need to open your PS4 version and copy all your progression to PlayStation 5. So here’s how to transfer Avengers save data from PS4 to the PS5 version.
How to Transfer Avengers Save Data From PS4 To PS5?
To transfer Avengers save data from the PS4 version to the PS5 version, you need to follow the below steps:
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed both the PS4 and PS5 versions in your new console.
- If PS4 is already installed from before, then make sure to update it with the latest patches.
- Make sure your PS5 version of Avengers is also completely updated by checking the patch version.
- Once ready, launch the PS4 version of the game.
- Note that on the console menu game tile, the PS4 game will have a PS4 suffix in the title, and full show up as “Marvel’s Avengers PS4“.
- The PS5 version will be simple titled “Marvel’s Avengers“.
- Open your updated PS4 version.
- On the game main menu, you will see the new “Save Migration” tab.
- Click on it to start migrating all your saved data.
- Once uploaded, open up your PS5 version of the game.
- An on-screen prompt will allow you to download your saved files.
- Accept and pick the game right from where you left with all your upgrades.
- Unlike Xbox’s Smart Delivery system, you can’t use PS Plus cloud to transfer save data.
- Your only option is to use this “Save Migration” option.
- But even you decide not to use this method and want to start a new game, all the items you bought with in-game transactions will automatically show up in your tied account.
That’s everything you need to know about how to transfer Avengers save data from the PS4 version to the PS5 version. While you are here, check out our Video Game Guides for more tips and tricks in all the latest games.