Unable to play Fall Guys due to the Authentication Failure error and are looking for a fix? Well worry not you are not alone, many players are having the same issues. This is to be expected since the game has become free to play and is now also available on Xbox and Nintendo Switch. But luckily there are ways you can get the game working again. Hence let us check how to fix the Authentication Failure error in Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout.
How to Fix Fall Guys Authentication Failure Error
These are all the ways to solve the Authentication Failure issue in this game.
- Restart Game: The most basic fix with the highest chances to resolve this error. Close the game and start it again, this should get the game working properly again.
- Check Server Status: If restarting didn’t work you should check the game’s server status before doing anything else. You can check if there are any ongoing server issues by checking @FallGuysOwl on Twitter. This is the official account for all concerns related to the game’s server maintenance updates.
- Visit Downdetector: Alternatively, you could also check Downdetector for Fall Guys to check if the game is down. Here you will find the problems reported by the players in the last 24 hours.
- Test your internet: If the servers are fine there might be some problem with your internet. Run a speed test to check your connection. You could also try playing other online games to check if you face similar problems with them.
- Refresh your connection: In case your internet was at fault, a simple refresh can help get it back.
- Wired connection: To refresh a wired connection plug out the Ethernet cable, wait for a while then plug it back in.
- Wireless connection: Reboot your router.
- Restart your system: Restart your PC or console on which you play the game.
- Check file integrity: There could be a chance you are getting this error due to some corrupted files. For PC you can check the game’s file integrity to fix this error.
- Go to your Library in Epic games.
- Click on the three dots on the bottom right corner of Fall guys.
- Next, click on Verify.
- Wait for the file verification to complete. Once the files are verified and fixed if needed, try playing the game again.
- Reinstall the game: This might be a tedious step but you can try this as a last resort.
- Contact Support: If none of the fixes work it is best if you contact support. Do check their help center before reporting an issue as they might have a fix for your problem. You can check the General help section and contact them accordingly.
That covers everything you should know about how to fix the Authentication Failure Error in Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. Since you are interested in this game you might find our other Fall Guys guides useful.