Be a good Astronaut and learn how to get and Salvage Debris in Astroneer. Since you are away from Earth, why not practice some extra recycling? Use all the extra stuff lying around to build new machines and make your way off the planet. So, scroll down and find out how to Salvage Debris.
How to Salvage Debris in Astroneer?
- If you want to Salvage Debris, simply go over to a piece of broken equipment on the map.
- As you approach it you should also see an interactive message pop-up in front of it.
- Interact with this and you shall see the words ‘Debris Salvage’ written in front of it.
- Just pick up the said object and use it along with a Shredder back on your Home Base.
- Put these items in a Shredder and they will be turned into Scrap material.
- Once you have Scrap, you can turn it in at the Trade Platform to get various items in trade.
This is the basic idea about how Salvage Debris works in Astroneer. However, you will need specialist equipment such as Shredders to actually utilize the Salvage Debris. Unfortunately, most of this equipment is available off-planet. The three available shredders are:
|Medium Shredder||2x Iron|
|Large Shredder||1x Tungsten Carbide, 2x Iron|
|Extra Large Shredder||2x Steel, 2x Tungsten Carbide|
Also, if you come across any Debris titled as ‘Detritus‘ remember that you won’t be able to put it in the Shredder.
Types of Debris you will come across in Astroneer:
- Broken Dropship
- Broken Dropship Dome
- Broken Dropship Door
- Broken Dropship White Panel
- Broken Dropship Blue Panel
- Broken Extender
- Broken Solar Panel
- Broken Solar Cell
- Broken Wind Turbine
- Broken Wind Turbine Blade
- Broken Medium Generator
- Broken Platform Leg
- Broken Rover Seat
- Broken Rover Wheel
- Broken Tether
- Broken Research Catalog
- Broken Solar Array Support
- Broken Solar Array Strut
- Broken Solar Array Cell
- Broken Solar Array Cell Frame
- Large Broken Solar Array Panel
- Small Broken Solar Array Panel
This is everything you need to know about how to Salvage Debris in Astroneer. Here at Gamer Tweak, we cover all your favorite games, so make sure to check out some of our other Video-Game Guides.