Ubisoft has announced what post-launch content is in the pipeline for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Some innovations are offered free of charge, others require payment.
The company publishes, among other things, a Season Pass with two expansions that offer narrative gameplay. In addition, there is access to free content such as in-game events, festivals, new settlement buildings and game modes that extend over three-month seasons. And the Discovery Tour is also back.
The two expansions to the Season Pass offer bring new areas, stories and an exclusive quest to the game. The content is available early in the game after publication and is integrated into the open game world.
The Season Pass of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is part of the Gold, Ultimate and Collector’s Editions. It can also be purchased separately. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Post Launch contents include:
- The Legend of Beowulf – Quest: Here you should uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf. It will be provided on the game’s launch day.
- Expansion 1 – Wrath of the Druids (Spring 2021): In this challenge, you travel to Ireland to uncover the secrets of an ancient and mysterious Druid cult. According to Ubisoft, you can expect Gaelic myths and folklore, enchanted forests and dazzling landscapes.
- Expansion 2 – The Siege of Paris (Summer 2021): In this episode you get the opportunity to experience the most ambitious battle in Viking history in the war-torn West Frankia Empire. You look for the entrenched city of Paris and the Seine and forge alliances.
Each season runs for three months and features a variety of content that Ubisoft says is accessible to all types of players and levels of progression.
Season 1 will start in December 2020 and the following content is planned:
- A new settlement area for expansion and development.
- A traditional Viking festival that can be experienced in the players’ settlement.
- A new game mode: The River Raids. Based on Valhalla’s core looting mechanics, this mode is designed to provide a dynamic and challenging experience.
- The addition of ranks for the Jomsviking: After an update, players can get XP and a higher rank – the higher the rank of lieutenant, the more silver players can earn when recruited by other players.
In addition, new player skills, abilities, weapons and equipment as well as cosmetic items for the settlement, the longship, the horse and the raven are to be brought into the game with Season 1.
Season 2 follows in March 2021 and includes:
- New game mode based on Valhalla’s combat experiences
- Jomsviking update, settlement festivals, new equipment, cosmetic items and more.