In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you will encounter three Daughters of Lerion, namely, Goneril, Regan and Cordelia. These are powerful witches and bosses who will drop three of Thor’s armor pieces. You have to defeat them all in order to continue your journey towards Thor’s Hammer (Mjolnir). Now, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before getting into a boss fight with them and that’s what we’ve got for you in this guide, specifically about Goneril. Here’s how to beat Goneril in AC Valhalla.
How to Defeat Goneril in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla? (Boss Fight Tips)
You will encounter this boss in Grantebridgescire and remember that she will be of power level 90. So, in case you are losing this boss fight with her, it’s most likely because your power level is too low. You can go ahead and increase your power level first and then come back to beat Goneril in AC Valhalla. She’s a witch so she has supernatural magical powers that she will use against you and she’s fast with her twin blades too. This is how you can counter her attacks.
Understanding her Attacks – Phase 1
1. During her first phase, you need to basically keep dodging and blocking her attacks and then surprise her with melee attacks. But keep an eye on your Stamina while dodging.
2. Her weak point is her back so make sure to keep your melee strikes quick whenever she has her back turned towards you.
3. Parry her when you can and you will have a window of opportunity to unleash attacks on her when she is stunned. When she is parried, she will stumble and kneel down for some time which is your chance to strike but you have to be very fast. If you miss the chance, she will attack you pretty quickly.
4. You will have chances to attack her from a distance and you can use the heavy dual wield skill to do that. This will let you use long reaching weapons along with a shield while going for defense.
5. Use skills like Brush with Death, Rush and Bash and Valkyrie Dive that will help you out in this intense boss fight.
6. When you see her coming at you with unblockable attacks, it is best to move out of the way.
7. Pay attention during this fight because she will start glowing and teleport and duplicate thereby confusing you and catching you off guard.
8. When she creates a green mist around her, move away from the poisonous circle immediately.
How to Beat Goneril – Phase 2
1. There will be more poisonous gas clouds during the second phase so be prepared. You have to constantly move around to make sure that you aren’t caught in them.
2. Goneril will also use a phantom attack that you cannot block so dodge it quickly.
3. Continue these things until her health is lowered and emptied out.
In conclusion, you have to be very quick with your decision making with this enemy. As soon as you understand how she attacks and what you need to do to tackle each attack, you can beat Goneril in AC Valhalla.
Upon defeating Goneril, you will get a reward of Thor’s Breeches. This brings you one step closer to Mjolnir, the ultimate legendary weapon.
Need help with more boss battles? We’ve got you covered – check out our Assassin’s Creed Valhalla wiki which is also packed with hidden secrets you may miss in your first playthrough!