Ark: Survival Evolved brings you in the middle of the Jurassic period and you are surrounded by dinosaurs everywhere you go. The game is a ton of fun for those who like checking out dinosaurs but if you want to up the ante you can always use cheats and console commands to alter the elements in the game and get a complete new expereince.
These cheats and commands, allow you to have god like powers where you can alter almost anything that you like and the world then behaves according to your will.
Abilities like flying, teleporting can be unlocked and you can also get all engrams in the game too. Taming dinosaurs is one of the best part about using these cheats so this makes sense to do it once in a while.
You can freely use these cheats in singleplayer mode, but if you wish to use these cheats in multiplayer then you will need the admin password and you will have to input an additional command ‘EnableCheats <password>’ before you can use cheats.
How to Enable Cheats in Ark: Survival Evolved
To enable cheats on a PC all you have to do is bring up the console by pressing the TAB key and you will see a box where you have to put in these commands. On a PS4 you will have to enter the pause menu and then press R1+L1 with Square and Triangle together. On a Xbox One you will have to entering the pause menu and then press Rb+Lb with X and Y buttons together.
Ark: Survival Evolved Console Commands
Ark Cheats: Player commands
- God – Toggles godmode, protects you from all damage (except drowning)
- InfiniteStats – Refills health, stamina, oxygen, food, and water
- GMBuff – Godmode plus infinitestats and additional experience points
- EnemyInvisible – All creatures ignore you, even when attacked
- LeaveMeAlone – Combines the cheats God, InfiniteStats and EnemyInvisible
- ChangeSize <value> – Changes your size by this multiplier, the default value is 1
- Fly – Lets you fly. Use ‘Walk’ to disable
- Ghost – Activates noclip mode. Use ‘Walk’ to disable
- GiveEngrams – Unlocks all crafting recipes
- GiveEngramsTekOnly – Gives you all Tek engrams
- GiveColors – Gives you a quantity of each dye
- DoTame – Tames targeted dinosaur (if it’s tamable)
- ForceTame – Tames targeted dino, and dino is rideable even without saddle
- ForceTameAOE <Radius> – Tames dinos in specified radius (default is 2000)
Ark Cheats: Spawn armor and weapons
GiveArmorSet <Tier> <Quality> – Gives you full armor set for the specified tier and equips it
Armor tiers options can be entered as a number or word, as follows:
0 (or Cloth)
1 (or Chitin)
2 (or Metal or Flak)
3 (or Tek)
And also Hide, Fur, Desert, Ghillie, Riot, Scuba, Hazard
Armor quality options are: Primitive, Ramshackle, Apprentice, Journeyman, Mastercraft, Ascendant, Alpha
GiveWeaponSet <Tier> <Quality> – Gives you all weapons in specified tier
Weapon tier options can be entered as a number or word, and are as follows:
0 (or Primitive): Bow, Pike, Spear, Bola
1 (or Basic) Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Longneck Rifle, Sword, Grenade
2 (or Advanced) Compound Bow, Fabricated Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, C4 Charge
3 (or Tek) Tek Grenade, Tek Rifle, Tek Railgun, Tek Sword
Weapon quality options are same as the options for armor, as listed above.
GiveItemSet <Tier> – Gives you all items in specified tier
Item tiers are can be a number or word, and are as follows:
- 0: 90 Cooked Meat, 200 Stimberry, 2 Waterskin
- 1: 2 Water Jar, 200 Stimberry, 90 Cooked Meat, 100 Medical Brew
- 2: 100 Medical Brew, 100 Energy Brew, 100 Cactus Broth, 60 Cooked Meat Jerky, 2 Canteen
- 3: 5 Shadow Steak Saute, 5 Enduro Stew, 5 Focal Chili, 5 Lazarus Chowder, 100 Medical Brew, 100
- Energy Brew, 100 Cactus Broth, 90 Cooked Meat Jerky
- Food: 30 Cooked Meat Jerky, 30 Prime Meat Jerky
- Water: Canteen Refill
- Brews: 100 Medical Brew, 100 Energy Brew
Ark cheats: Spawn items
These commands allow you to give a specific item to yourself or another player.
- GiveItem <BlueprintPath> <Quantity> <Quality> <ForceBlueprint>
- GiveItemNum <ItemNum> <Quantity> <Quality> <ForceBlueprint>
- GiveItemToPlayer <PlayerID> <BlueprintPath> <Quantity> <Quality> <ForceBlueprint>
- GiveItemNumToPlayer <PlayerID> <ItemNum> <Quantity> <Quality> <ForceBlueprint>
Setting ForceBlueprint to ‘true’ or ‘1’ will give the blueprint, while setting it to ‘false’ or ‘0’ will add the item itself.
GiveResources – Add 50 units of each resource to you inventory.
Ark cheats: Dinosaurs
Summon <type> – Spawns a specified creature at your location.
SummonTamed <type> – Spawns a tamed creature at your location.
GMSummon <“type”> <level> – Spawns a tamed creature of a set level
GiveDinoSet <tier> <quantity> – Spawns set of dinos with saddles.
Tier options can be entered as a number or word, as follows:
- 0: Raptor, Dilo, Trike
- 1: Raptor, Carnotaurus, Thylacoleo
- 2: Rex, Spino, Paracer, Therizinosaur
- 3: Rex, Rex with Tek Saddle, Daeodon, Yutyrannus, Therizinosaur
- Flyers: Pteranodon, Tapejara with Tek Saddle, Argentavis, Quetzal
- Mek: 3 Meks, one with each module
- SiegeMek: Mek, M.S.C.M., Element, Cannon Shell (Extinction)
- MissleMek: Mek, M.R.L.M., Element, Rocketpod
- ShieldMek: Mek, M.D.S.M., Element
- Argent: Argentavis
- Extinction: Enforcer, Gasbags, Snow Owl, Gacha, Managarmr, Velonasaur
Ark cheats: Teleport
TPCoords <Lat> <Lon> <Altitude> – Moves you to a specified place instantly.
Teleport – Moves you forward until you collide with something
TeleportPlayerIDToMe <PlayerID> – Moves a specified player to you
TeleportPlayerNameToMe <PlayerName> – Moves a specified player to you
TeleportToPlayer <PlayerID> – Moves you to a specified player
Ark Cheats: Creative Mode
Creative Mode allows you to not have the burden of having a fixed weight restriction and crafting requirements. You unlock everything in the game and double pressing the jump key allows you to fly.
GiveCreativeMode – Sets you in creative mode
GiveCreativeModeToTarget – Toggles creative mode for players you are targeting
GiveCreativeModeToPlayer <PlayerID> – Toggles creative mode for a player using their ID
Ark Weather and time cheats
These are pretty self-explanatory, and different expansions may have different cheats for the weather.
The Island expansion:
Scorched Earth expansion:
- start rain
- stop rain
- start electricalstorm
- stop electricalstorm
- start sandstorm
- stop sandstorm
- start superheat
- stop superheat
- start meteors
These were all the console commands and cheats for Ark: Survival Evolved. Check our other Ark Survival Evolved Mods, Tweaks and Cheats only on Gamer Tweak.