Apex Legends March 9 Patch Notes
Apex Legends is one of the most played games right now. It’s available on all major platforms like Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, iOS, and Android. And now we the switch fans are finally getting our prayers answered. We are going to be busy with switch versions from March 9th. Also, the patch includes many new upgrades and a new event to have fun. So today let’s look at everything new about Apex Legends March 09 Patch Notes.
Apex Legends Patch Notes Season 8 March 09, 2021
March 9th Patch for Apex Legends is also bringing us many new goodies like new contents, weapons, nerfs & buffs in Legends, bug fixes, and many more. So let’s look at them all.
New Platform Availability
- Nintendo Switch from March 09, 2021
- New Event: Chaos Theory – runs March 9th to March 23rd, 2021
- Chaos Theory features the Ring Fury Escalation Takeover game mode
- New Town Takeover: Caustic’s Treatment
- Removed Mirage Voyage
- New loot: the Heat Shield
- Added new heirloom for Bangalore
Legends Nerfs & Buffs
- Gas Grenade: Increased cooldown from 2.5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- Reduced damage of the gas from 6-12 to a flat 5.
- Removed Low Profile.
- Dome of Protection: Removed 15% faster heal item usage.
- Black Hole: Increased cooldown from 2 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Silence: Now disables Mirage’s cloaked revive/respawn as well as Octane’s Swift Mend.
- Wattson now has passive shield regen at 0.5 hp/s (half of Octane’s current health regen rate). Stacks with Interception Pylon regen rate.
- Amped Cover: Explosives damage Amped Cover normally, instead of inflicting 200 damage.
- Emplaced Minigun “Sheila”: Explosives damage Sheila normally, instead of inflicting 175 damage.
Weapons Apex Legends March 9 Patch Notes
- All Gold AR and LMG default optics updated to 2x HCOG “Bruiser”.
- Pellet damage decreased from 13 to 11.
- Fire rate increased from 1.0 to 1.1.
- Increased mag size from 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 to 6 / 7 / 8 / 9.
- Hemlok Burst AR
- Increased hip-fire spread.
Bug Fixes Apex Legends March 9 Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug preventing Steam users from sending friend requests to each other.
- Usernames now update when a user swaps between the Origin client to the Steam client.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from creating or joining clubs due to their EA Account already being associated with another platform.
- Gun Shield: Corrected an issue with Gibraltar not getting hit registrations when simultaneously releasing ADS and shooting while it was up.
- Into the Void: Can no longer be canceled by jumping at a wall.
- The Perpetual Motion Skydive Emote will now work with Legendary skins.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the gas to flicker for some players affected by it.
- Repeatedly using the same jump pad no longer disables double-jumps.
- Players can no longer “glide” along a wall after using it.
- Surveillance Drone:
- Crypto’s animation to bring out his drone is no longer skippable by throwing a Holo-Spray.
- Reloading the Mastiff Shotgun and 30-30 Repeater will no longer be faster while in Crypto’s drone.
- Crypto can no longer teleport to a Replicator.
- Burglar’s Best Friend: Fixed a few areas Loba could teleport into that would get her stuck.
- Emplaced Minigun “Sheila”: Players can no longer use Sheila to get under the world when placed too close to the Phase Runner in Olympus.
- Gravity Lift:
- Fixed the Gravity Lift falling through the floor when used on the train tracks in Sorting Factory on World’s Edge.
- Using a zip line after a Gravity Lift will no longer increase accuracy.
- The Motherlode:
- Now damages and destroys LaunchPads.
- When under a small enclosure, players will no longer be pushed out after using it.
- Players can no longer double their grenades after looting a dead Fuse’s Death Box.
- Dropping and picking up the Mastiff will no longer cause it to be reloaded.
- Dropping and picking up the 30-30 will no longer cause it to be reloaded.
Will now have spread deviation when ADS firing and jumping.
Quality of Life Apex Legends March 9 Patch Patch Updates
- Added a “no-fill” matchmaking option.
- Up to 6 no-fill players in a single match.
- Not available in Ranked Leagues.
- Added a Survival Slot to the inventory that can be used to hold survival items, like Heat Shields and Mobile Respawn Beacons.
- Kings Canyon loot updates:
- The wooden shacks across the map should have a few more pieces each, and generally, be a little higher quality.
- Spotted Lake has been reduced to Medium Quality from High.
- Crash Site has redistributed the loot in the area slightly. The amount stays the same, but the higher quality loot should be on the ship.
- Caustic’s Treatment has more loot than Water Treatment, and it remains High Quality.
- Locked Weapon Optic Swapping – For guns with fully locked attachment slots, like Fully Kitted Weapons and Care Package Weapons (except the Kraber .50-Cal Sniper), you can now remove the optic and replace it with a different sight.
- Assists have been added to the in-game HUD, next to kills.
- Assists and Knocks have been added to your squad’s banners and will show at the end of a match.
- Club names now appear on Match Summary and Champion screen if all players are part of the same club.
- Items will no longer “stick” to a Replicator when dropped on the Replicator.
- Badge Progress – for badges that have longer amounts of progress, hovering over the badge will show you more information.
- While respawning on a drop ship, you can now ping your own death box to help locate it easier.
- Gold Backpack – Players being revived by a gold backpack will have a crackle of energy—based on the tier of armor they wear—while the revive is taking place. They will also display the armor heal FX when the revive is finished.
- Players on PC can now go back to the title screen from the lobby to allow switching of data centers without restarting the game.
- Added numbers to the Advanced Look Controls.
- When scanning a Survey Beacon for Ring 6, you should now be able to see the location where Ring 6 finishes.
- “Inspect Weapon” has been moved to the emote wheel by default. It can be bound to any key on PC.
That’s basically everything you need to know about Apex Legends March 9 Patch Notes. So for more guides with exciting secrets and tips, check out more of our Video Games Guides.