Anthem Icetide Update Brings A Much Needed Winter Theme To The Game
After constant frustrations and a game launch that BioWare and EA would like to forget it seemed like Anthem was over before it could be saved but the developers aren’t giving up on Anthem just yet. A new winter themed update is live in Anthem which gives a contrasting different view of the game.
Right since launch, a lot of issues have been plaguing Anthem and because of it, the players abandoned Anthem like a house on fire, but the developers are still putting in the works and updating it with the seasons.
The new update brings a few new weapons and gears, along with the entire visual stir up. Anthem is being fixed and with the announcement of Anthem 2.0 in the works, it looks like Anthem will finally have a redemption.
The new update is called Icetide and you can check out the patch notes for the new update below:
Anthem Update 1.6 Patch Notes
- Seasonal Themed Strongholds – Each week a different featured seasonal Stronghold will unlock for players—now including score leaderboards. If you’re up to the challenge, compete with other
- Freelancers for the highest score. Visit the Seasonal Store to exchange your Crystal for War Chests.
- Freeplay Time Trials – Have you ever wanted to put your javelin flight and navigation skills to the test? Join Freeplay, and race through eight time trials that can be found in Bastion. Try to beat our Gold times!
- New Legendary World Event: Icetide Coolant Harvesting – Help the Arcanist harvest precious coolant resources while fighting off the outlaw forces that are trying to steal it from you.
- New Challenges – Explore the Challenges to see vanity rewards! Gain new armor sets, special time trial wraps, and more.
- New Hidden Collectables – Explore the region to find all Festive Wreaths.
- Icetide Cortex Entries – Explore the region to find new story entries to add to your Cortex.
- More Powerful Drops in Grandmaster 3 – All Legendary loot drops on GM3 now drop with +5 Gear Score.
- New Tomb of Legionnaires Offering – New Guardians’ Tokens are granted through daily and weekly challenges. Freelancers can make offerings of a Guardian Token and additional crafting materials within the Tombs of the Legionnaires to gain a random Legendary item. Each tomb grants different items, but all items have a +5 gear score.
- New Seasonal Cosmetic Items – Visit the Featured Store throughout the season for new Icetide-themed cosmetics.
- Fixed various crashes to improve stabilization.
- Fixed various texture and lighting scenarios.
- Fixed various art collision issues that allowed players to access unintended areas.
- Fixed various audio issues.
- Fixed multiple breadcrumbing trails appearing in Freeplay. Fast Travel to the Tomb of
- Legionnaires is now enabled. Map pins have been updated to better communicate the ability to fast travel.
- Added new options to disable various parts of the UI
- These options are visible under Settings -> Interface -> HUD
- Added a tutorial for the self-respawn feature.
- You can respawn yourself closer to your squadmates by holding down the R3 button
- The Colossus can no longer become stuck in cages within Temple of Scar.
- The Sunken Cell stronghold mission now correctly appears above the Heart of Rage mission in the journal.
- Resolved an issue causing the Forge Menu to not appear while in the Forge Screen.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Synchronized Frame to trigger without an enemy being hit.
- The Ranger Combo Augment component craft recipe now displays “Impact Combo Damage”.
- Fixed an issue causing Incremental Archives to not spawn as often as expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the fog wall from vanishing after the objective is completed in the Temple of Scar.
- Forge Icons for Barrage, Garroter, and Stampede have been updated to match the default color scheme of the javelin.
- Increased the health of the generators for the Sleeping Titan event.
- Legendary Fortress of Dawn now spawns its chest and finishes appropriately.
- Fixed an issue where Balm of Gavinicus was incorrectly dealing with damage on impact.
- Fixed an issue causing Rainmaker to fire more projectiles than intended.
Anthem is developed by BioWare and is available for PC, Xbox One and PS4.