Nintendo has released the version 1.2.0 update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The big content update for April is finally available for download on Nintendo Switch.
The update for the game brings a lot of content but the official patch note is very short, check it out below:
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.2.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
Here are the General updates:
- These visiting merchants can now visit the island: Leif (Gardening Shop) and Redd (Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler).
- Added seasonal events.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.
You will be able to see the title in version 1.2.0 (1.2.0a during the Earth Day event) on Nintendo Switch, where the focus is on preparing the game for the next seasonal events, as well as bringing in new merchant visitors like Leif and Redd. Check them out below.
- Leif’s Garden Shop – Nature-loving Leif will regularly visit players’ islands to sell his flourishing assortment of foliage, including shrubs and flower seeds. These decorative items will help make any island paradise a little greener.
- Jolly Redd’s Treasure Trawler – After downloading the free update, Jolly Redd will occasionally show up in his boat to sell in-game art, as well as furniture with unique colors. Like in previous Animal Crossing games, players will have to figure out which art pieces are real and which are fake. After purchasing genuine art, players can donate it to the island museum to open an art gallery, which will display all types of donated pieces, from paintings to sculptures.
- Nature Day (April 23-May 4) – During the Nature Day period, special Nook Miles challenges will be available that focus on nature-inspired goals, such as planting trees and watering flowers.
- May Day Tour (May 1-7) – In the first week of May, players can use a one-time May Day Ticket at the island airport to head out on a limited-time tour to an island that looks different than the usual mystery island tours. A special visitor who looks familiar might also be there…
- International Museum Day (May 18-31) – To celebrate International Museum Day, players can take part in a Stamp Rally. After receiving a special stamp card, players can enjoy viewing fish, insects and fossils while collecting stamps at the various museum exhibits to earn an in-game reward.
- Wedding Season (June 1-30) – During a nuptial-themed June, players can visit Harvey’s island to meet the married couple Reese and Cyrus, as well as help arrange and take anniversary photos with them in the wedding-picture studio. Players will get wedding-themed items as a token of their gratitude.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available on Nintendo Switch.