Minecraft update 1.19 is around the corner and Allay is one of the new mobs everyone is excited about. The biggest reason for this excitement is that it won the Minecraft Live 2021 Mob Vote. These little creatures are about to become the most beloved collector mob even though they are the only ones of their type at the time of writing this article. So without further ado let us learn what Allay is in Minecraft and how to find & use them.
What is Allay in Minecraft?
Allay is a flying mob in the game that helps the players to collect items. It will collect and deliver the items to the player based on the item the player gives it to hold.
How to Find Allay in Minecraft
There are two places where you can find Allay in Minecraft.
- Woodland Mansion: There is a chance for Allays to spawn inside the jail cells of Woodland Mansions. You can find 1 to 3 Allays here.
- Pillager outposts: Another location where you can find them is Pillager Outposts. Similar to Woodland mansions there is a chance of 1 to 3 of them spawning in a cage.
How to Use them
As mentioned previously, it will find the item that the player makes it hold. While following the player if it finds the item it will gather and give it to the player. One of their best uses of them is to collect and sort items.
You can also use a Noteblock to make the Allay drop the collected item on it instead of giving the player.
Note: You can find the updated information above. The below part of this article is prior to the release of version 1.19 of Minecraft.
Everything known so far about Allay Mob in Minecraft
Allay is the newest helper mob that will release with update 1.19 of Minecraft.
- They resemble Spawn Vex: Both of these mobs share similar wings. But that is where the similarities end, the Allay look like floating fairies while Spawn Vex has a more humanoid body.
- They Glow: That is right this new mob can glow at night. So if you are playing in the dark then you can easily see them floating around with their peculiar blue color.
- Use them for Collection: Allay mobs are excellent collectors. All you have to do is give them an item to hold and they will collect that item type in the area. And once you place a Note block they will drop the collected items near it. One of the best use for them is sorting, you can give them the items you want to sort and accordingly empty these items from your inventory. They will collect all the similar types of items and then you can decide how you wish to sort your inventory. Once you are ready simply use the note block and take the items back from them.
Some known bugs
- It can only hold items: As of now if you are trying to feed it something or give it a nametag then that won’t work. The simple reason behind this is they will take the item and carry it instead of consuming them. Thanks to OMGcraft – Minecraft Tips & Tutorials! on YouTube for sharing this interesting bug.
That covers everything you should know about what is Allay in Minecraft and how to find & use them. I urge you to check our guide on all the new mobs in the 1.19 update. And if you need more help on other topics of this game then head over to our Minecraft section.