The highly anticipated title God of War: Ragnarok is here continuing Kratos’ story in this foreign world. On this new adventure with his son Atreus, Kratos will be fighting some formidable enemies from Norse mythology. Although there are many upgrades for our beloved Ghost of Sparta. You can find these upgrades in the Nornir Chests strewn throughout the game. But sometimes they are tricky to open. In this article, we will tell you how to open the Nornir Chest on Alberich Island in God of War: Ragnarok.
How to Unlock the Nornir Chest on Alberich Island in God of War Ragnarok
Although it’s not necessary to open these chests to progress in the game, we recommend you find them as they will increase your stats. One of these chests is on Alberich Island located to the north of the Bay of Bounty in Svartalfheim. Once you find it, opening this chest can be quite tricky. You can open the Nornir Chest on Alberich Island in God of War Ragnarok by breaking the three runes protecting it. One of these runes is hidden and one is time-sensitive. To break these runes:
- Head over to the post on left and have Atreus shoot the jade part of the beam. This will reveal the hidden rune.
- The second one is above the chest and the easiest one
- The third one is hidden behind a gate and will require you to hit the rotating panel with your Leviathan’s Axe. Don’t hit it using a weak throw (L2 + R1). Use the stronger throw twice (L2 + R2) and hit the rune quickly.
- Then head over to the rune on the left and hit it
- At last, hit the one above the chest in that order
- And voila! The Nornir Chest is unlocked
By doing so, you will be rewarded with Horn of Blood Mead. Collecting four of these will increase Kratos’ Maximum Rage.
That’s all from us on how to unlock the Nornir Chest on Alberich Island in God of War Ragnarok. For more helpful guides, check out our GOW Ragnarok Wiki soon.