Sometimes, you may want to use Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition cheats to get more resources like food, wood, stone, Gold and more. Apart from resources, there are a lot of other advantages and boosts you can get via cheat codes. So, we’ve compiled a list of all available cheat codes in AoE 2 (Xbox & PC) that will help you progress in the game more smoothly.
Cheat Codes in Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Xbox & PC
Check out the list of cheats in cheat codes in Age of Empires 2 (Xbox & PC):
- marco – You can view the entire map by entering this cheat code. It also works as a switch, meaning entering marco again will cause the map to be hidden.
- polo – This cheat is especially helpful as it results in the elimination of fog of war. Like marco, this cheat too works as a switch. Re-entering it will result in the fog of war being restored.
- furious the monkey boy – This cheat helps you destroy buildings quickly by creating a “furious the monkey boy. The only downside to this cheat unit is that it is slow and dies after just nine hits.
- i dont exist – This cheat creates a penguin high in armor and damage.
- alpaca simulator – Creates Alpha the Alpaca. This looks like a Llama and is high in armor value, trample damage, and headbutt attacks. The downside is that it is weak against speed and ranged attacks.
- how do you turn this on – Entering this cheat results in creating an AC Cobra. It has high hit points, impressive armor, and can fire rounds of bullets over long ranges. Its downsides are poor AI and potential friendly fire.
- to smithereens – This cheat results in a Saboteur being created. The said Saboteur can only inflict damage by killing himself. It is also better than a Petard, which happens to be the only non-cheat suicide unit on land.
- i love the monkey head – This cheat is good for creating and exploring as it creates a VMDL. If garrisoned, this unit grants attacking bonuses to buildings. It cannot attack.
- cheese steak jimmy’s – Using this cheat in Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition increases food by 10,000.
- lumberjack – Entering this cheat results in an increase of wood by 10,000.
- rock on – As the name suggests, this cheat increases stone by 10,000.
- robin hood – Using this cheat increases Gold by 10,000.
- ninjaconnor/ninjalui/rowshep – Enabling this cheat increases all your resources by 1,00,000.
- aegis – This cheat code helps you by immediately completing all building, researching, training, and resource gathering instantly. This also applies to AI. This cheat works like a switch, which can be turned on and off.
- black death – This cheat kills every other civilization (including your allies) except yours.
- !mute – As the name suggests, this cheat silences all taunts.
- !nomute – The exact opposite of !mute.
- natural wonders – This is an irreversible cheat. Upon entering this cheat, you will hand over all control to nature. Once done, you won’t be able to retrieve your civilization, and your only option will be to start a new game.
- resign – Entering this cheat will cause you to lose the game.
- wimpywimpywimpy – This cheat code will kill all your units. It is the equivalent of the resignation cheat code.
- torpedo X – This cheat will kill a specified civilization. The letter X will denote a civilization number ranging from 1-8.
- i r winner – Immediately declare your civilization as the winner.
- woof woof – This cheat transforms birds in the game into Stormy Dogs. These are flying dogs that do not have capes. They do not affect gameplay.
How to Enable and Use AoE2 Cheats?
To use these cheats, press Enter to open the chat window and then enter the cheat code of your choice.
If you found this article with all cheat codes in Age of Empires 2 (Xbox & PC) helpful, check out similar guides on using cheats in Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition.