Sometimes, you may want to use Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition cheats to get more resources like food, wood, stone, Gold and more. Apart from resources, there are a lot of other advantages and boosts you can get via cheat codes. So, we’ve compiled a list of all available cheats that will help you progress in the game in a smoother way.
Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition Cheats
Check out the list of cheats in Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition with commands and the results.
How to Enable and Use Cheats?
To use these cheats, press Enter to open the chat window and then enter the cheat code of your choice.
Map Cheats in Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
- marco – You can view the entire map by entering this cheat code. It also works as a switch, meaning entering marco again will cause the map to be hidden.
- polo – This cheat is especially helpful as it results in the elimination of fog of war. Like marco, this cheat too works as a switch. Re-entering it will result in the fog of war being restored.
Cheat Units in Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
- furious the monkey boy – This cheat helps you destroy buildings easily by creating a “furious the monkey boy. The only downside to this cheat unit is that it is slow and dies after just nine hits.
- i dont exist – This cheat creates a penguin that is high in armor and damage.
- alpaca simulator – Creates Alpha the Alpaca. This looks just like a Llama and is high in armor value, trample damage and headbutt attacks. The downside is that it is weak against speed and ranged attacks.
- how do you turn this on – Entering this cheat results in the creation of an AC Cobra. It has high hit points, impressive armor and can fire rounds of bullets over long ranges. Its downsides are poor AI and potential friendly fire.
- to smithereens – This cheat results in a Saboteur being created. The said Saboteur can only inflict damage by killing itself. It is also better than a Petard, which happens to be the only non-cheat suicide unit on land.
- i love the monkey head – This cheat is good for just creating and exploring as it creates a VMDL. If garrisoned, this unit grants attacking bonuses to buildings. It cannot attack.
- cheese steak jimmy’s – Using this cheat in Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition increases food by 10,000.
- lumberjack – Entering this cheat results in an increase of wood by 10,000.
- rock on – As the name suggests, this cheat increases stone by 10,000.
- robin hood – Using this cheat increases Gold by 10,000.
- ninjaconnor/ninjalui/rowshep – Enabling this cheat increases all your resources by 1,00,000.
- aegis – This cheat code helps you by immediately completing all building, researching, training and resource gathering instantly. This also applies to the AI. This cheat works like a switch, meaning it can be turned on and off.
- black death – This cheat kills each and every other civilization (including your allies) except yours.
- !mute – Like the name suggests, this cheat silences all taunts.
- !nomute – The exact opposite of !mute.
- natural wonders – This is an irreversible cheat. Upon entering this cheat, you will hand over all control to nature. Once done, you won’t be able to retrieve your civilization and your only option will be to start a new game.
- resign – Entering this cheat will cause you to lose the game.
- wimpywimpywimpy – This cheat code will kill all your units. It is the equivalent of the resign cheat code.
- torpedo X – This cheat will kill a specified civilization. The letter X will denote a civilization number ranging from 1-8.
- i r winner – Immediately declares your civilization as the winner.
- woof woof – This cheat transforms birds in the game into Stormy Dogs. These are flying dogs that do not have capes. They do not affect gameplay.
If you found this article helpful, check out this guide on how to use cheats in Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition.