The much anticipated FPS shooter of the COD Franchise is here and players around the world are loving it. Modern Warfare 2 has intense missions and an engaging storyline that will keep you entertained for hours. There are reports of many bugs and errors present in the game. Many of these bugs are minor but some render the game unplayable. One such issue players have faced is the Activision Account bug. If you too have come across this issue then look no further. In this article, we will tell you how to fix the “Activision Account Could not be Linked” Bug in Modern Warfare 2.
How to Fix the “Activision Account Could not be Linked” Bug in Modern Warfare 2
When you try to link your Activision account to the game, you get a message saying that it is already linked to another account. If you haven’t linked the game to any other account then here’s how you can fix this bug:
- Check the Linked Accounts
- Unlink and Relink your Account
- Make a New Account
Check the Linked Accounts
- Head over to the Activision Login Page
- Sign in to your Account
- Click on Profile in the top right corner of the screen
- Under profile, click on Account Linking
- Check your Steam or Battle.net accounts are linked
Unlink and Relink your Activision Account
- Follow the same steps till “Account Linking”
- Click on the Unlink Button beside Steam or Battle.net
- Refresh the page
- Click on Link Button beside Steam or Battle.net
Make a New Account
If none of the above-mentioned fixes are working, then we suggest you make a new account on Activision. Sign up on the Activision page using a different email address and try linking the account.
That’s all from us on how to fix the Activision Account Bug in Modern Warfare 2. We have more helpful guides to fix errors in this game on our COD MW2 Wiki Guide so check it out soon.