Elden Ring 1.03 Update – Patch Notes
Elden Ring players will be excited to know that their favorite game already has a new update (1.03) that made its way to devices on 17 March 2022. The said update is available across all gaming platforms and features loads of new bug fixes and added elements. For those uninitiated with the contents of this update, we have got just the guide for you. Here, we will show you all you need to know about Elden Ring’s latest update.
Elden Ring 1.03 Update Patch Notes – Features, Bug Fixes
Bug Fixes in Elden Ring 1.03 Update
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the player from obtaining items after the boss battle.
- Added a fix to a bug that causes the dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In a situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Added a fix to a bug that causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug that causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
- Added a fix to a bug that incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug that causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have a different effect.
- Added a fix to a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of the Unseen Form spell.
- Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in the previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes the incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
- Added a fix a bug that causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs that cause incorrect visuals and behavior for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
- Text fixes.
- Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
New Elements Added to Elden Ring in Update 1.03
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
- Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Addition of night background music for some open field area.
- Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
- Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
- Increase to shield’s effectiveness.
- Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
- Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
- Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
- Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp’s damage and increase cast time.
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash’s self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
- Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
- Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s
- Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
- Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes.
So there you have it. This is all you need to know about the latest 1.03 update for Elden Ring. We’d like to credit Bandai Namco for the patch information for this update. And now that you know all about this update, take a look at our Elden Ring Guides.