Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is important to secure your account from unauthorized access. It also protects your purchases and if you had saved your payment details, then enable it right now. Here is a guide on how to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Epic Games.
Two-Factor Authentication Settings on Epic Games PC
Below is a step by step details on how to turn on 2FA on Epic Games. You can use a PC or you can also use the same steps on a mobile phone. All you need is a web browser, active internet connection, and your login details.
How to enable 2FA on Epic Store
- Click this link to visit your Epic Store Account Page.
- On the left side look for Password and Security tab. Click on it.
- Scroll down for Two Factor Authentication header. Click on 2FA Option.
- Now you will have the following options:
- ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP.
- ENABLE SMS AUTHENTICATION.
- ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION.
- Selection of the three options to turn on Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Epic Store.
When the settings are enabled you will have to type a code + password to login to your Epic account. This code will be sent on your mobile as SMS, or your email or through an Authenticator App.
If you choose Enable Authenticator app then download it from the above links based on your mobile platform. Whenever you log in, after typing the password open the Google Authenticator App and type the six-digit password to access your account. For SMS and Email, a unique code will be sent. Without providing this code you cannot log in.
Other than Google Authenticator there are few more apps available for the unique code.
- LastPass Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
Why is it important to enable 2FA?
Epic Games is rewarding users who turned on two-factor authentication (2FA) on their account. A simple way to motivate their users, if you enable 2FA you receive the following rewards in Fortnite: Save the World.
- 50 Armory Slots
- 10 Backpack Slots
- 1 Legendary Troll Stash Llama
Rewards are one thing, but turning on 2FA on Epic Store will also help you to protect your account. Here is a list of things to explain to you why it is important.
- Increase your Epic Account Security.
- Required to Claim Free Games.
- Required to send and receive gifts.
- Required to take part in Fortnite competitive events.
Following the above steps you can easily enable two-factor authentication on your Epic Game Store. Without providing the unique code no one can login to your account. This extra layer of security will lock your account from unauthorized access even if your password is leaked. You can do the same for Nintendo Switch also.