While playing Minecraft, you might come across the need to allocate more RAM to the game. In this article, we will show you exactly how to do so.
How to Add More RAM to Minecraft?
If you want to learn how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft, keep reading the methods below:
Via Minecraft Launcher
- RAM (Random Access Memory) is an important factor that determines how smoothly Minecraft will run on your PC.
- As your game world gets bigger, it will consume more RAM.
- This will cause the game to stutter and lag, making for an unenjoyable playing experience.
- You can avoid this issue by allocating more RAM.
- To do so, you will need to allocate additional RAM to the Minecraft Launcher.
- Begin by opening the Minecraft Launcher. Once you do so, click on the Installations button. You will find this button right at the top of the launcher.
- Once you click this button, you will be shown a list of Minecraft versions.
- From here, choose the version you want to allocate RAM to.
- To do so, click on the three horizontal dots next to the game.
- Once you do so, you will find two options. These are Edit and Duplicate.
- Select Edit from here. Now, select More Options.
- In this menu, you will find a field called “JVM Arguments”. Under it, you will find a line of code that reads ” -Xmx2G”.
- In this code, the 2G stands for the amount of RAM allocated to the game. Here, 2G stands for 2GB RAM.
- If you want to allocate more RAM to the game, just change the number. Leave the rest of the line of code as it is.
- To confirm your new changes, click Save.
Increase RAM Via ATLauncher ‘Minecraft’ Launcher
- To use this method, first, open the ATLauncher.
- Once you do so, click on Settings. You will find this menu on the right side of your screen.
- After you click on Settings, you will find several different tabs.
- Click on Java/Minecraft.
- Once you do so, you will find several adjustable properties.
- One of them will be “Maximum Memory/RAM”.
- Here, you will be able to increase the RAM.
Via CurseForge ‘Minecraft’ Launcher
- Once you open this launcher, go to Settings.
- You will find this in the lower left of your screen.
- Here, you will find a Game Specific section. Open it and search for Minecraft.
- Scroll to Java Settings. Here you will find an Allocated Memory slider.
- Use this slider to choose your RAM preference.
This is how you can allocate RAM to Minecraft on your PC. As you can see, this is quite an easy process to implement, especially as long as you follow the right steps.
If you found this article helpful, check out how to change your username in Minecraft.